Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi does anyone know the size of the front brake reservoir screws.
One of mine has burred and Indian will only sell the whole cover at a cost of £92 about $115.
Very expensive screw!
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
You mean the two philips head screws that hold the cover in place? imgur.com/a/QSttxRg (edit: that's a metric ruler so appr. 12 mm)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BDR thanks for the reply.
Yes, those ones.
I was needing the thread size. Do you happen to know that ?

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Possibly M4x0.7 because I just happen to have my master cylinder covers and original screws in a bag here, and I compared them to #8 - 32 (1/2”) screws.

Looked almost identical except I couldn’t mesh the threads together, one being nonmetric and the other metric.

If I could find my thread gauge in my cluttered mess of a shed I would have used that to check.
Easier to stop in at the hardware store when I’m out tomorrow, just don’t count on it because I tend to forget things.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possibly M4x0.7 because I just happen to have my master cylinder covers and original screws in a bag here, and I compared them to #8 - 32 (1/2”) screws.

Looked almost identical except I couldn’t mesh the threads together, one being nonmetric and the other metric.

If I could find my thread gauge in my cluttered mess of a shed I would have used that to check.
Easier to stop in at the hardware store when I’m out tomorrow, just don’t count on it because I tend to forget things.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Thanks Long Road,
Yep I’m there too, need to write a list before I go to the store!
All but absolutely confirmed, found the zinc plated ones at Lowe’s just before they closed tonight.
I would think anyone replacing them would want stainless steel. Lowes didn’t have that.
Notice the slightly different angle of the heads.

Reactions: BDR

·
Registered
50 Posts
All but absolutely confirmed, found the zinc plated ones at Lowe’s just before they closed tonight.
I would think anyone replacing them would want stainless steel. Lowes didn’t have that.
Notice the slightly different angle of the heads.
View attachment 593516
Yes, definitely 12mm long Phillips Flat Head Machine Screws M4 x 0.7 threads on my 2018 Scout front master cylinder. Put the thread gauge on them and confirmed.
Same threads but 16mm long on Rear master cylinder.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Hmm. All 4 screws on my ‘15 scout are the same.

Thanks for confirming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts