Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rider
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2019 Scout Bobber with ABS brakes. Bought it last August. I'm having trouble with the front brakes and wanted to see if anyone else was. Last fall, I experienced a flat brake lever when I went to pull on the brakes for the front. I bled the brakes and they were fine again. I had a full lever.

Today, it was nice enough to ride again in Tennessee, so I got the Bobber out. It's been a few weeks since I last rode it. I went to back it out of the garage and hit the front brake lever and it collapsed all the way. After pumping a few times, I got back to about a half lever. I'll try bleeding them again, but I don't understand why the bike is losing brakes on the front. The rear has been fine and has a full pedal. Anyone else experiencing this?

Darrell

·
Bronze member
3,096 Posts
My vintage did that as well,only the rear brake.
New master cylinder was installed.
They don't sell just the cups.

·
Rider
420 Posts
I own a 2019 Scout Bobber with ABS brakes. Bought it last August. I'm having trouble with the front brakes and wanted to see if anyone else was. Last fall, I experienced a flat brake lever when I went to pull on the brakes for the front. I bled the brakes and they were fine again. I had a full lever.

Today, it was nice enough to ride again in Tennessee, so I got the Bobber out. It's been a few weeks since I last rode it. I went to back it out of the garage and hit the front brake lever and it collapsed all the way. After pumping a few times, I got back to about a half lever. I'll try bleeding them again, but I don't understand why the bike is losing brakes on the front. The rear has been fine and has a full pedal. Anyone else experiencing this?

Darrell
There was a recall on the 2017-2018 ABS Scouts for the brakes. I'm not sure about the 2019's. You may want to check with your dealer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Been on holiday for 30 days after returning took the bike for a spin and had the same problem so will be taking the bike in for its 24000 service and find out the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts