Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new chieftain, but I am slightly annoyed that they got rid of the full brake pedal for a peg. Anyone know if a dark horse predator can be fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
I love my new chieftain, but I am slightly annoyed that they got rid of the full brake pedal for a peg. Anyone know if a dark horse predator can be fitted?

I knew about this. Couldn't have saved them that much. Pretty sure you can just add the OEM full pedal.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I actually did not like the victory with the break pedal that looked an felt like the shifter. When you have your feet on road pegs and need to break in a hurry I want the big pedal...

·
Registered
226 Posts
This actually worked out for me as I wanted to install a heel shifter. I bought a new Arrow Head brake pedal and heel shifter lever from Kuryakyn. Remove the Indian OEM brake peg and installed it on the heel shifter.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This actually worked out for me as I wanted to install a heel shifter. I bought a new Arrow Head brake pedal and heel shifter lever from Kuryakyn. Remove the Indian OEM brake peg and installed it on the heel shifter.
Arrowhead brake pedal just screws on existing lever?

·
Silver member
3,426 Posts
The Arrowhead brake pedal attaches to the existing OEM lever using a supplied bolt that screws into the lever.
I was thinking of buying the Kuryakyn spear brake pad/pedal as well to get rid of the OEM brake peg on my Chieftain.
Do happen to recall the part number when you purchased yours? I would like to compare whether its the same one or not that I was looking at on their website. I believe the one I was looking at comes with the supplied hardware as well.
Sounds like its the same one but just wanted to confirm.
I was looking at the all black one which is part 5751 from Kuryakyns website.
upload_2019-4-22_20-37-41.png

I believe the chrome is 5750.
Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was thinking of buying the Kuryakyn spear break pad/pedal as well to get rid of the OEM break peg on my Chieftain.
Do happen to recall the part number when you purchased yours? I would like to compare whether its the same one or not that I was looking at on their website. I believe the one I was looking at comes with the supplied hardware as well.
Sounds like its the same one but just wanted to confirm.
I was looking at the all black one which is part 5751 from Kuryakyns website.
View attachment 483360

I believe the chrome is 5750.
Thanks
I purchased from Revzilla, Kuryakyn Spear Brake Pedal For Indian 2015-2019 - RevZilla

·
Rider
460 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
47836F4C-52EA-4367-BE7A-DB1346C8832B.jpeg

I switched the arm to the chrome one from the Roadmaster and added the Kuryakyn Spear Pedal and Shifter Peg, along with the Indian Floorboards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here is the shift peg, slightly smaller, but looks and works great.
E320BAED-0DE3-40D8-8E34-D75BF305DC1C.jpeg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts