Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I have a 2018 chieftain elite I'm having trouble with lifting my right foot evertime to apply the rear brake. Is there anything I can buy or modify to the rear brake pedal? Thank you

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Is this because of some injury to your ankle or leg? If so, it might be possible to have some sort of a ramp made up between the brake pedal and the footboard. This would mean your foot does not have to sit below the line of the pedal but would result in your foot always being at an angle which might not be comfortable.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A Friend of mine rides a Trike, he has no legs, anyway, He has a proportioning valve plumbed in the brake lines so he can use the front brake lever. He rides a 2006 MY motorcycle so I'm not sure what the valve would do to the ABS.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Why lift your leg? I have size 9 feet, and a 30 inch inseam, and can use the brake pedal while resting my heel on the floorboard.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree with the pedal is not convertible. I have always had to replace mine on HD. This is how HD makes money. Anyways I have not found a pedal for the Indian yet. It would be nice to have it several degree lower. One company that does alot of HD pedals is Softbrake. I have been asking them to do Indian pedal but no results yet to be seen.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts