Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FYI:
Sixity now has brake pads for the Indian motorcycles.I just bought a set for my 2018 SDH and they are the same as what came on my machine which I believe are the same as what's used on the other models as well.And the best part is,instead of paying 69 bucks for one set [two pads] from the stealerships,Sixity has the set for three rotors [four pads for the front and two pads for the rear] for 32 bucks,just in case anyone is interested.And I forgot to mention,the pads are Ceramic!! So there's another option for you guys who change your own pads!! Dave!!!

·
Bronze member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is Sixity ??
Sixity. com It's a website that sells Motorcycle parts. Punch it in and check it out for yourself.I've been dealing with em for years and have been quite happy with their products,but especially,with their prices.Dave!!!

·
Bronze member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the same thing too cause my 18 SDH wasn't on the list either,but for the price,I gambled ,and when I got em the other day,the pads they sent me sure looked the same as the replacement pads I had in stock.So I now believe the same pads are used on all the big Indian models.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,094 Posts
Sixity. com It's a website that sells Motorcycle parts. Punch it in and check it out for yourself.I've been dealing with em for years and have been quite happy with their products,but especially,with their prices.Dave!!!
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The OEM pad set also includes the "spring, spring pad and insulator" which isn't included with the Sixity pads. I'm just wondering if these should be replaced with the pads but they are not available except in the OEM Pad kits. Anyone have an opinion on the reuse of these parts. I assume if they are in good shape it wouldn't matter. I also wonder why the aftermarket doesn't supply them with their pads. At $220 for the OEM kits vs $31.83 for the Sixity pads, there is a significant cost savings.

·
Bronze member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The motorcycle industry is its' own worst enemy because,they jack the prices waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up, taking advantage of the average customer,no matter whether it's parts,or service,and it ain't funny.I learned that a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago hence I learned to shop around for parts.But,I also do all my own work where the average guy can not,hence they fall prey to the stealerships.The auto industry does basically, the same thing,just not as bad.But if ya really wanna see thieves,but a boat and take it in for service.But when ya do ,I suggest you bring along a giant bottle of vaseolene cause you're gonna need it.How do I know this?? Cause I also worked in the marine industry fixin marine applications.

·
Silver member
5,505 Posts
The motorcycle industry is its' own worst enemy because,they jack the prices waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up, taking advantage of the average customer,no matter whether it's parts,or service,and it ain't funny.I learned that a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago hence I learned to shop around for parts.But,I also do all my own work where the average guy can not,hence they fall prey to the stealerships.The auto industry does basically, the same thing,just not as bad.But if ya really wanna see thieves,but a boat and take it in for service.But when ya do ,I suggest you bring along a giant bottle of vaseolene cause you're gonna need it.How do I know this?? Cause I also worked in the marine industry fixin marine applications.
Caution!!... The marina guy will try to sprinkle sand in your vaseline when you're not looking, just like the MC dealer will do :eek: I had big block Cebby engines in my boats, that helped. But Bravo 1 out drive parts were still pricey LOL.

·
Bronze member
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every single part used in the Marine industry is pricey,whether it be Inboard,Outboard,IO,or Jet Drive .The point being: If you think the motorcycle industry is bad,buy a boat!! And as an accessory for that boat,ya might wanna also buy a large bottle of Vaseline, cause you'll need it. :eek: :rolleyes: lol lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts