Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Brake light flasher

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Putergeeks 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks for the information. It does not fit a 2019 Chieftain Limited. These guys say they are close to having one.

Tim

#6 ·
Thanks for your service and "attention to detail" which is probably why I am still alive and kicking after my long aviation tour. Always make friends with your mechanics....

Tim

Reactions: evallade
#7 ·
I was following a friend Saturday that was riding a 2020 Street Glide and HD has the same tail/turn signal lights that the 2019/20 Chieftains have and it was hard to see the LED brake lights during the day. The low mounted position could also be an issue. I hope they get these brake light flashers completed for the 19/20 models soon as I feel my rear end is exposed......

Tim

Reactions: evallade
#10 ·
I have it, but it is a 2018 Roadmaster.

Cu,
Sven

#11 · (Edited)
Did anyone ever get a brake light flasher to work on a stock 2019 Chieftain? I got this response back from Bernard at vizi-tec a few days ago.

"Yes it has shipped. But still waiting for feedback from customers. I shipped 3 last week. One of which was for a 2019 Chieftain Limited.
Still waiting...I think it should be OK. If you are interested place an order. I'll ship in within a week and will contact and refund or give you update if longer."

-Bernard

Tim

#15 ·
I’m happy with them as they add a lot of light to the rear of the bike which was my end goal. Wiring them wasn’t hard, I took my time, used soldered connections, and installed quick disconnects since the rods are attached to my saddle bags.
I posted pics in another thread about Custom Dynamics.

#17 ·
Tagged, since I need this flasher as well. I tried the Custom Dynamics since my Indian dealership said they would work. Of course, when I took them back they said “Oh, those don’t work on the 19 & 20 Chieftains”.

#20 ·
The problem is with Indian. According to the engineers at Custom Dynamics, the new style tail lights are not consistently wired across all platforms. Some have a “ground” activated switch and others have a “positive” activated one. They cannot account for multiple variables hence why they don’t offer a product for the new style tail lights.
That being said, if you are electrically inclined you could test your tail light connector with a multimeter to find out how your bike’s lighting is activated. Then you could rewire the flasher plug to make it work. But that’s not guaranteed as CD won’t change their circuit boards to account for negative, ground, and positive activations changes.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.