Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the information. It does not fit a 2019 Chieftain Limited. These guys say they are close to having one.

Tim

·
Registered
2019 CDH
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll check them out. Army aviation is a small world. I'm a helicopter mechanic. Also USA retired.

·
Rider
832 Posts
I am using this flasher on my 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse but it’s wired up to two external LED lights. The flasher unit itself only works on models with the center brake light and with other lights you wire to it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the information. It does not fit a 2019 Chieftain Limited. These guys say they are close to having one.

Tim
I agree does not fit 2019 chieftain dark horse either. Spoke to them and they are also trying to make one.........

Still waiting

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll check them out. Army aviation is a small world. I'm a helicopter mechanic. Also USA retired.
Thanks for your service and "attention to detail" which is probably why I am still alive and kicking after my long aviation tour. Always make friends with your mechanics....

Tim

Reactions: evallade

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was following a friend Saturday that was riding a 2020 Street Glide and HD has the same tail/turn signal lights that the 2019/20 Chieftains have and it was hard to see the LED brake lights during the day. The low mounted position could also be an issue. I hope they get these brake light flashers completed for the 19/20 models soon as I feel my rear end is exposed......

Tim

Reactions: evallade

·
Registered
2019 CDH
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am using this flasher on my 2019 Chieftain Dark Horse but it’s wired up to two external LED lights. The flasher unit itself only works on models with the center brake light and with other lights you wire to it.
Thanks. I'm checking up on another product thehueypilot told me about.

·
Registered
2019 CDH
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your service and "attention to detail" which is probably why I am still alive and kicking after my long aviation tour. Always make friends with your mechanics....

Tim
thank you for your service as well.

·
German Rider
1,483 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Did anyone ever get a brake light flasher to work on a stock 2019 Chieftain? I got this response back from Bernard at vizi-tec a few days ago.

"Yes it has shipped. But still waiting for feedback from customers. I shipped 3 last week. One of which was for a 2019 Chieftain Limited.
Still waiting...I think it should be OK. If you are interested place an order. I'll ship in within a week and will contact and refund or give you update if longer."

-Bernard

Tim

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts

Tim
I just tried out the prototype that Bernard sent me for my wife’s 19 Chieftain Limited. Unfortunately it did not function.

If someone in Northern California has a bike with the same two light setup, Bernard needs to check the timing of the circuit to get his product to function.

·
Rider
832 Posts
I’m happy with them as they add a lot of light to the rear of the bike which was my end goal. Wiring them wasn’t hard, I took my time, used soldered connections, and installed quick disconnects since the rods are attached to my saddle bags.
I posted pics in another thread about Custom Dynamics.

·
Rider
832 Posts
Are you happy with the plasma rods? Would you be able to post or send photo of them installed? How was installation process?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Tagged, since I need this flasher as well. I tried the Custom Dynamics since my Indian dealership said they would work. Of course, when I took them back they said “Oh, those don’t work on the 19 & 20 Chieftains”.

·
Bronze member
1,942 Posts
Tagged, since I need this flasher as well. I tried the Custom Dynamics since my Indian dealership said they would work. Of course, when I took them back they said “Oh, those don’t work on the 19 & 20 Chieftains”.
The latest from Bernard is that he will have to put plans for this bike on the shelf until he can get his hands on a bike to test. He is located in Northern California.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any updates? You would think by now someone out there would make one for 2019/20/21 Indian Chieftains or Roadmaster?

Tim

·
Rider
832 Posts
Any updates? You would think by now someone out there would make one for 2019/20/21 Indian Chieftains or Roadmaster?

Tim
The problem is with Indian. According to the engineers at Custom Dynamics, the new style tail lights are not consistently wired across all platforms. Some have a “ground” activated switch and others have a “positive” activated one. They cannot account for multiple variables hence why they don’t offer a product for the new style tail lights.
That being said, if you are electrically inclined you could test your tail light connector with a multimeter to find out how your bike’s lighting is activated. Then you could rewire the flasher plug to make it work. But that’s not guaranteed as CD won’t change their circuit boards to account for negative, ground, and positive activations changes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts