Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I both have this happening intermittently. He has a base model built in November and I have a limited built in March. With our build dates so far apart we can't be the only ones. Friends noticed it and brought to our attention. I went for a ride yesterday alone and kept looking back on a bumpy road adn I have witnessed it myself. It apears to happen after the bump and the suspension has settled, they come on for about 3 seconds. Has anyone else noticed this?
The only other issue I have no is sometimes my bike wont power up from the ignition switch, I have to power from the fairing button. This only happens maybe once a week, it's very infrequent.

·
Rider
943 Posts
Power up the bike does not have to be running. Then slightly press on the rear brake see if the brake light comes on. Mine moves about 1/2 to 3/4" before the brake light comes on. Hoping it's just an adjustment.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is the same as yours, the brakes actually start to drag the same time the lights come on. The suspension settles after the bump before they come on, and they stay on for 3-4 seconds, it's not like a bad connection or switch contact. My friend that noticed it thought I was touching the brake at first, but then he was paying close attention and saw my hand and feet didn't move. He then noticed our other friends doing it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, Mike from Holeshot replied to my post on Facebook. He said it's the pressure switch in the ABS module. He has replaced two so far. I bet there are a few bikes doing it and the owners have no idea it's happening.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,241 Posts
Thanks for the follow up!

·
Bronze member
1,507 Posts
Well seeing that my Challenger is always in front of the pack, I haven't had any rear riders inform me of this situation. Could it also be that you guys are riding your Challengers so fast that the drag from the wind is putting pressure on the hand brake!??!?!?!?! 🤣 😎 ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts