Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, so my brake light doesn’t activate until a considerable amount of pressure is applied to the front brake lever. i can’t for the life of me find any kind of adjustment on it.

anyone have any idea where the front brake lever light switch is located? TIA!

·
Bronze member
2,180 Posts
If you’re that light on your brakes. I don’t think having your brake light on matters much. As you’re not slowing down that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
694 Posts
I dont know if your bike is the same but on the 18 bobber there is an adjustment on the brake lever that would need to be adjusted in using an allen wrench. In the pic below you can see a threaded hole that is missing a set screw The set screw comes in contact with switch that turns on the brake light as you squeeze the brake lever. Adjust it in and your brake light aluminate's sooner

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you’re that light on your brakes. I don’t think having your brake light on matters much. As you’re not slowing down that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i usually like to use engine braking, but just tap my front brake for cars behind me. i usually adjust it pretty sensitively.

oh well, thanks for letting me know!

·
Silver member
5,438 Posts
I dont know if your bike is the same but on the 18 bobber there is an adjustment on the brake lever that would need to be adjusted in using an allen wrench. In the pic below you can see a threaded hole that is missing a set screw The set screw comes in contact with switch that turns on the brake light as you squeeze the brake lever. Adjust it in and your brake light aluminate's sooner
Just no. That set screw activates the plunger of the master cylinder, adjust it in and odds are the plunger won’t clear the bleed-back hole (and your brakes start dragging), or the other way around and you suddenly pull the lever all the way to the bars.
This is what activates the brake light switch.

as @ferraiolo1 said, it’s pressure activated on the FTR.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Just no. That set screw activates the plunger of the master cylinder, adjust it in and odds are the plunger won’t clear the bleed-back hole (and your brakes start dragging), or the other way around and you suddenly pull the lever all the way to the bars.
This is what activates the brake light switch.

View attachment 598101

as @ferraiolo1 said, it’s pressure activated on the FTR.
I stand corrected

1 - 8 of 8 Posts