Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking in the forum but couldn’t find any info. I replaced my levers on my bobber and the brake lever is pretty loose. I took it for a test ride and it works as it should but I’m not crazy about it being loose like that. Is there an adjustment that can be made to fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
557 Posts
I tried looking in the forum but couldn’t find any info. I replaced my levers on my bobber and the brake lever is pretty loose. I took it for a test ride and it works as it should but I’m not crazy about it being loose like that. Is there an adjustment that can be made to fix this?

IMG_3726.jpg
This might be your problem .This is a pic of the Indian brake lever. On the right side is a hole that has an adjustable threaded pocket (The pic is missing the treaded adjustable part. I removed it to use on my new Joker machine brake Lever) . The part cups a brake plunger . If there is space between the plunger and this adjustable part you will have movement in your brake lever . If you adjust it in to the point that it touches the plunger but does not activate the brake this will reduce movement in the brake lever. Its also possible when your lever was reinstalled that the plunger was not aligned with the pocket in the lever. I would remove the lever and check that alignment

·
Bronze member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 488702 This might be your problem .This is a pic of the Indian brake lever. On the right side is a hole that has an adjustable threaded pocket (The pic is missing the treaded adjustable part. I removed it to use on my new Joker machine brake Lever) . The part cups a brake plunger . If there is space between the plunger and this adjustable part you will have movement in your brake lever . If you adjust it in to the point that it touches the plunger but does not activate the brake this will reduce movement in the brake lever. Its also possible when your lever was reinstalled that the plunger was not aligned with the pocket in the lever. I would remove the lever and check that alignment
Yes sir you are correct. Unfortunately when the levers were powder coated the screw and the part that cups the plunger were coated over. Now I can’t adjust it even if I wanted to lol. I took the bike out and it works as it should. I don’t like the idea of having that little bit of play in the lever so I’m taking them off and customizing my old ones. I have an idea I want to try.

·
Bronze member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View attachment 488702 This might be your problem .This is a pic of the Indian brake lever. On the right side is a hole that has an adjustable threaded pocket (The pic is missing the treaded adjustable part. I removed it to use on my new Joker machine brake Lever) . The part cups a brake plunger . If there is space between the plunger and this adjustable part you will have movement in your brake lever . If you adjust it in to the point that it touches the plunger but does not activate the brake this will reduce movement in the brake lever. Its also possible when your lever was reinstalled that the plunger was not aligned with the pocket in the lever. I would remove the lever and check that alignment
Thanks for the info brother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts