Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got sick of turning my right foot inwards to operate the brake pedal on my Scout so I looked for alternatives. To purchase from the States was too expensive so I designed my own and made two. One for brake and one for gear shifter.
I machined them up yesterday and today I polished and added the 'O' rings. I fitted them to the bike and did a test run.
Verdict ...... Very happy.

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,995 Posts
I got sick of turning my right foot inwards to operate the brake pedal on my Scout so I looked for alternatives. To purchase from the States was too expensive so I designed my own and made two. One for brake and one for gear shifter.
I machined them up yesterday and today I polished and added the 'O' rings. I fitted them to the bike and did a test run.
very good work!

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Several vendors offer longer pegs, but making them yourself is probably more satisfying!

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Damn fine work.

Reactions: Tezza

·
Registered
69 Posts
I live in Kenya and took a slow speed spill a few weeks ago. Snapped off the brake pedal peg and my closest dealer is in Abu Dhabi. The price on replacement along with shipping will get pretty expensive.
So, for the time being I had a 10mm bolt welded onto the peg and it fits perfect. It's good that I was able to unscrew that broken piece out with needle nose pliers.
Since I had to order a new master cyl, I also ordered the replacement peg as well.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts