Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty new to Indian and this forum. Bought used 17 Chieftain with some upgrades already on it (stg1 slip on's and Cams). Was told that the bike was a special order. It's a Chieftain with some amount of Limited/Darkhorse parts. (VIN check with Indian says it is just Chieftain)

So trying to figure out whats what. first question is about bolts on front calipers. They seem unfinished or not right. To me, with as much quality and well finished as everything seems to be, the bolts in pic look out of place or replacement or like something else was there and removed. or am I completely off and this is how they come?

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chieftain (Tanto) Steel Gray
291 Posts
Those bolts are to attach the brake caliper covers. They normally are covered with a acorn nut.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bolts are for full dressed fender. They are used to bolt on caliper covers on. If you have the open fender they didn't swap out the bolts for the open fender

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bolts are for full dressed fender. They are used to bolt on caliper covers on. If you have the open fender they didn't swap out the bolts for the open fender

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
475 Posts
Go to the Indian website. Under Accessories and Parts, to the left, you will see Service Parts. Put in your model and year and it will give you exploded views of every stock component on your bike and the cost. P.

·
Bronze member
1,642 Posts
I wuz lazy and installed chrome acorn nuts I had layin around onto those protruding threaded studs!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts