Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change the brake fluid on a 2017 RM. I need to buy a set wrenches. What is the wrench size for front brake caliper bleed valve? It is really small. The mm wrench sets start at 8mm, which might be too big? Is the rear brake valve the same size. I do not want to use a Crescent wrench.

·
Bronze member
2,835 Posts
I replaced my original bleeders with speed bleeders...I do recall the left and right front being two different sizes, but I don’t recall what size.

·
Bronze member
2,835 Posts
I am going to change the brake fluid on a 2017 RM. I need to buy a set wrenches. What is the wrench size for front brake caliper bleed valve? It is really small. The mm wrench sets start at 8mm, which might be too big? Is the rear brake valve the same size. I do not want to use a Crescent wrench.
I found the original bleeder screws on my RM (that I replaced with speed bleeders). There are two sizes on your bike...8mm and 10mm. Don’t know why IM would do that, but they did.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I found the original bleeder screws on my RM (that I replaced with speed bleeders). There are two sizes on your bike...8mm and 10mm. Don’t know why IM would do that, but they did.
Is the 10mm the hidden bolt for the caliper cover?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts