Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the worst has happened. I laid down my bike rather gently at the fire station which caused the tip of my brake lever to snap off. My dealer says a new one is $250 If I'm going to spend that kind of cash I would like a set of levers in black but cannot find them anywhere! Anyone know where I can find a set of black levers or just the stock brake lever for less?

Oh and the rest of the bike took zero damage! So I got lucky on that one

·
Registered
186 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me. Go to cheapmotorcycleparts.com. Mine was like 125 with shipping. It a factory replacement part. You will have to swap out the brake adjuster cam.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ooops.. just meant to copy the home page, but that will get you to a good site for parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well the worst has happened. I laid down my bike rather gently at the fire station which caused the tip of my brake lever to snap off. My dealer says a new one is $250 If I'm going to spend that kind of cash I would like a set of levers in black but cannot find them anywhere! Anyone know where I can find a set of black levers or just the stock brake lever for less?

Oh and the rest of the bike took zero damage! So I got lucky on that one
I saw a pair of Kuryaky levers for 89.96 in JP Cycle. Bubba Wilson

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
I had mine powder coated black - if you want black levers, this would be the time to do it.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hate to reinvigorate this thread, but I of course laid mine down this morning. It's a heavy son of a gun.
Either way, the 2017 clutch/brake assemblies are different. Anybody find a decent source for black brake levers out there for this years bikes? I don't want to have to buy a chrome one and have it plated. I'd rather just buy a set of black.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I snapped the tip off my brake lever in the same way, shortly agrter getting the bike. Clean break. I drilled two holes in each piece to insert some pins (used 6d finish nails cut to about 1/2" in length) and used JB Weld to put it back together. Works good as new although you can tell it was repaired. I still haven't bothered replacing it yet.

·
Rider
360 Posts
Just another example of Indian/polaris ripping off the consumer, cause they can. $250 for a lever? Christ, when we were racing and hill climbing the old enduro dirt bikes, we used to go through levers like popcorn, at about $10 a piece. REDICULAS!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I snapped the tip off my brake lever in the same way, shortly agrter getting the bike. Clean break. I drilled two holes in each piece to insert some pins (used 6d finish nails cut to about 1/2" in length) and used JB Weld to put it back together. Works good as new although you can tell it was repaired. I still haven't bothered replacing it yet.
I'm tempted to do this, and cover it with the leather Indian cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts