Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
This is an old thread but I'm trying to get some information about the Easy Brackets on a Scout, that is, a photo of the brackets mounted. I've had them on other bikes but the spread between the mounting bolts is quite a bit further than on the Triumph Speedmaster and a Rocket 3 on which I had them mounted.

Could someone who has them post a pick of the fender with the bags off and also the bag where they are mounted. I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is an old thread but I'm trying to get some information about the Easy Brackets on a Scout, that is, a photo of the brackets mounted. I've had them on other bikes but the spread between the mounting bolts is quite a bit further than on the Triumph Speedmaster and a Rocket 3 on which I had them mounted.

Could someone who has them post a pick of the fender with the bags off and also the bag where they are mounted. I'd greatly appreciate it.
Here you go. I have mine setup so that the top of my bags are level with the solo rack, that way I have one big surface to strap large objects to.

IMG_20190901_211125.jpg
IMG_20190901_211113.jpg
IMG_20190901_210859.jpg
IMG_20190901_211339.jpg
IMG_20190901_211330.jpg
IMG_20190901_210827.jpg
IMG_20190901_210818.jpg

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thank you seapig (and I'm sorry, typing your screen name gave me a chuckle). The pics and measurments are extremely helpful. What kind of bags are those. I've got a set of Gilroy era Indian leather bags that came with my Scout, unmounted, and because they have an oddball mounting system, I thought about the EZs. If I can't make the Gilroy bags work, I'll look elsewhere. I read the somewhat contentious thread on saddlebag options. I had Viking bags on my 2007 Rocket 3 and when I went down on the bike the bags were marred a bit but survived nicely.

·
Registered
78 Posts
They're Viking bags. I think they're alright for the most part, but the leather could be a bit better.

It's starting to show its age from baking in the AZ heat all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts