Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been around motorcycle forums since my ST-1100 days in 1990 and have always been able to find my way around pretty much.

Today I asked how to start a new thread.... moments later I clicked from 'active topics' to 'forums' and there it stuck out like my sore finger that got hit by a .38 slug. (Bloody pictures by request only)

A great big button right there for all to see "Create New Thread"!

I am humbled! I was looking in all the wrong places!

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Don't feel bad. I don't know how to put a photo on my avatar or even what the hell one is.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Welcome there are alot of great threads on here for pre purchase guys like me, coast about lots of good people and good information.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Takes a little time to find your way around any Forum .. You asked a good question and got your answer .. This Forum is great about things like that .. Many things are easy once know the trick of how to do it .. The Very First Motorcycle Forum ever joined had 3 people have to explain to me on how to post pics and never thought I'd learn until one day it just happened and could not believe how simple it was ..

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Takes a little time to find your way around any Forum .. You asked a good question and got your answer .. This Forum is great about things like that .. Many things are easy once know the trick of how to do it .. The Very First Motorcycle Forum ever joined had 3 people have to explain to me on how to post pics and never thought I'd learn until one day it just happened and could not believe how simple it was ..
I just wish our new system at work was this easy. The Ontario government did not make a wise choice. I am stressed to the limit

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have been around motorcycle forums since my ST-1100 days in 1990 and have always been able to find my way around pretty much.

Today I asked how to start a new thread.... moments later I clicked from 'active topics' to 'forums' and there it stuck out like my sore finger that got hit by a .38 slug. (Bloody pictures by request only)

A great big button right there for all to see "Create New Thread"!

I am humbled! I was looking in all the wrong places!
I wouldn't get my panties in a wad over it. Everyday is a learning experience. Being in IT, I probably have the most bruised a$$ from kicking myself all the time. Which is gonna make it hard for me to ride that Scout if it ever shows up.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
1st Law of Programming: Error messages must mislead.
2nd Law of Programming: Obfuscate.
3rd Law of Programming: Make text Illegibly small non-contrast
4th Law of Programming: Never say what it means
5th Law of Programming: Hide common functions

·
Registered
121 Posts
I pm'd an administrator to ask how to send a pm

·
Registered
748 Posts
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery. I run a R&D team for a large computer/software company and my staff drives me crazy when they move things around. Which is pretty much the feedback I hear from the millions of people that use our products.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery. I run a R&D team for a large computer/software company and my staff drives me crazy when they move things around. Which is pretty much the feedback I hear from the millions of people that use our products.

I'm a firm believer in "A place for everything and everything in its place"!

One of my greatest pet peeves is when I go for a quick trip to a local store for something specific and when I get there the product has been moved to a new location.
This happens at grocery stores and hardware stores especially.
WHY in hell do they do that?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Don't feel bad, I had Gort show me where that button is. It's a little more elusive on the ole smart phone. By the time I found it, I forgot what I had to say. Ratts. Then the clutch switch came up, took fifteen minutes to find the button again. So I'm not so smart, nor pretty ratts again.lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts