Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used 2018 roadmaster, it has a pv3 flash, runs fantastic. Problem is i don’t have the tuner. I want to go to Indian to get my recall done but don’t want to loose this flash, what are my options? My bike was done at Indian of libertyville Illinois which just went out of business. The bike has their X-pipe, Indian highflow air cleaner, Rhineharts and a cam of some type. Can I buy a new PV3, marry it to my bike, load the map which probably is locked, get the recall then put the map back in. Thanks in advance!

·
Rider
1,730 Posts
Pick up the phone or fire up your e-mail and contact Fuelmoto USA they’ll set you right.

What recall is it?

Tell the dealership categorically you don’t want the bike reflashed Whilst it is there and/or adhere a label to the diagnostic port stating “Do not reprogrammed the ECU without speaking to owner first.” They will understand why if you explain it to them!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just bought a used 2018 roadmaster, it has a pv3 flash, runs fantastic. Problem is i don’t have the tuner. I want to go to Indian to get my recall done but don’t want to loose this flash, what are my options? My bike was done at Indian of libertyville Illinois which just went out of business. The bike has their X-pipe, Indian highflow air cleaner, Rhineharts and a cam of some type. Can I buy a new PV3, marry it to my bike, load the map which probably is locked, get the recall then put the map back in. Thanks in advance!
I’m probably wrong but I’m not sure how you can have a Pv tune without the tuner. Check your crank sensor and see if it’s connected to the Indian factory connectors. If it is, you are running an Indian tune and not the pv tune. On my 2017 Chieftain limited with my tuner I can switch between my indian stage 1 tune and my “tuner” tune by changing the crank sensor connections.

·
Founding member
1,276 Posts
@Helkat at you were correct, in that you're wrong.... lol

@Rgrinker you should be able to buy a PV3 and get the tune currently on the bike, then reload if they change it. However, I agree 100% with @K9F and you probably should start with a call to Fuelmoto.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, call made to Fuel Moto, also talked to Craig, my plan is to have the dealer i bought bike from see about getting the programmer from original owner, otherwise i will buy new from Fuel Moto

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I’m probably wrong but I’m not sure how you can have a Pv tune without the tuner. Check your crank sensor and see if it’s connected to the Indian factory connectors. If it is, you are running an Indian tune and not the pv tune. On my 2017 Chieftain limited with my tuner I can switch between my indian stage 1 tune and my “tuner” tune by changing the crank sensor connections.
You might be thinking of the PC-V and not the PV3.

The PC-V is Power Commander 5 and is an add-on tune modifier.
The PV3 is Power Vision 3 that flashes the ECM and is then removed from the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts