Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need new boots, waterproof and prefer no laces around the curve cuff of my ankle foot area since it fills with crap and can bug my ankle area. Mid height ankle height not those CHIP up to my knee boots

Been awhile so what are you wearing ?

I was thinking these..screwed on heal...all leather :

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I currently use the TCX X-Street. It's pretty nice, looks a bit more like a shoe than a boot, but it feels pretty good and is waterproof.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Chippewas. I have a pair I bought in 98. Resoled three times so far with a combined mileage on my bikes of 300,000 miles. They've lasted very well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look at CruiserWorks boots.....pull on, low heal, Kevlar protected ankles and can be Re-Soled......rain resistant and very comfortable......I still have the pair I got in 2003 and wore them around the exact perimeter of the US for three (3) months. Only 13,000 mile trip!

·
Registered
733 Posts

Double-H Men's ICE Zip Up Harness Boots

Boot Barn Item #: 2005056
Write a Review

All Boots Ship Free (more...)
Color: Folklore

size: Click a button below Size Chart

width: Click a button below

$189.99
$209.99
ONLINE PRICE
Select size & width
quantity

PrintFeatures:

• Made in the USA
  • Unlined shaft
  • Plastic shank
  • Outside zipper
  • 11” Shaft
  • 1 5/8” stacked heel
  • Cushioned insole
  • Oak ICE outsole
  • Goodyear welt construction

Using the classic harness boot style, Double H has added a zipper for easy entry. Upgraded with a goodyear welt construction and oak ICE outsole, these boots should easily be chosen for its durability. Add the cushioned insole on top of that and you have a boot with the perfect blend of comfort, durability, and style. Show these off for any occasion on any given day and show your American spirit with these high quality boots made in the USA.

Style(s): DH1601, DH1602

Seems like a pretty good choice to go with an Indian Motorcycle

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took a leap of faith - Indiana Jones

Ordered the Chippewa since I had a discount code for a Canadian online retailer with tax/free shipping no import duties for $288.00

10.5" EE

·
Registered
194 Posts
These are my long distance boots. Ridden prolly 40,00km in them. Only resoled once. If you can find 'em, actually very comfy.
Best pawn shop buy ever!

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Learned from experience, whatever boot you wear, make sure it has wet weather traction! Darn near fell when riding in rain and came to a stop, put my foot down and out it went and nearly dumped the bike. These where dual sport rain proof boots, upgraded to Graeme with proven sole traction.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered the Chippewa ... Hope there not slippery. Havnt recieved them yet but just checked them... There not waterproof ... Yikes

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ordered the Chippewa ... Hope there not slippery. Havnt recieved them yet but just checked them... There not waterproof ... Yikes

Looks like they use nothing but Vibram soles which is one of the best. Make sure to test them out before riding. And get yourself some leather waterproofing to protect from rain and road grim. Have fun.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I went for a pair of Ton-up boots from Gasolina. These are custom built to fit your measurements, and are adjustable around the calf, across the instep and around the ankle, with a full length zipper to provide easy access. I have always had a problem with getting a good fit, what with a short, wide foot plus a high instep. These fit like a glove. Turn around was 17 days from placing the order. The guys at Gasolina Boots were great to work with, addressing all my concerns. Well worth the cost. They also have a full line of boots & colors to choose from. Gasolina Boots

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
All very nice footwear, just thinking the Indian way might be to get away from all that black, HD and SOA favor a very limited pallette. I suggest the quickest way to get a group of bikers to dissappear is turn out the light, a sea of blackness is all thats left. A bold move for indian to dress so much of their line in brown leather, perhaps that can be our call to turn our nose up at convention as well. Look at any line of biker boots from thrifty to expensive the majority are black lets continue to color outside the lines and be different.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Vibram soles. Night and grippy. I wear them every day on LA streets with plenty of oil and water. No problem. Hit them once a year with a spray on water repellent and you'll be fine. Mink oil is another good way to keep them healthy.
If they fit too tight at first, use a little rubbing alcohol on a rag. this will immediately loosen the leather up and help you break them in. Mine took about 3-4 days to loosen up and about 2 weeks to fully break in and be comfortable.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts