Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Indian have supposed to rectified the screen winding mechanism from 2018 up on the Road master.
Mine still rattles slightly so a few weeks ago I just placed 2 nylon washers on the screen lifting arm and it reduced the rattle a lot but not completely. Today I booked my bike in to get a 116 big bore kit and mentioned that Indian had fix that does not seem to have been applied to my bike and could they also get me a new screen winding mechanism that all the guys in the USA have been able to get under warranty .? They said they will order it and hourly it will arrive and be able to fit it while doing the big bore 116 kit. if not once I run the bike in it has to be dyno tuned again so thats about 500 kms they would do it then.I lost my photos that I took of my fix and that worked about 90% better but not completely or I could have posted them to show what I did if anyone has the same issue with an older bike without warranty and wanted to fix most of their rattle .

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm deaf, wear hearing aids. so hearing something like that it has to be loud. last few weeks i noticed that noise. Next time in to dealer. going to have that taken care of. <<< 18 RM.
I am also deaf but when riding I can't wear the aids under the helmet, but having said that I can feel it rattle on rough roads along with seeing it. I could be anal but like things to be correct especially when you pay as much as we all do for these bikes. ti should be correct from the factory first up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts