Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be bad to open the rear suspension fully on the bobber? This suspension doesn't seem to do anything currently and it is about a half inch from being fully open already.

I'd like to see if this can be improved without bottoming out.

Also yes I will probably buy a new suspension eventually.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Have you tried to set the sag properly?

The shop near me charges 25$ and it takes 10 mins. It takes 3 total people including you sitting on the bike. Handles way better now, sag is set to 32mm (was 20 when they started).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried to set the sag properly?

The shop near me charges 25$ and it takes 10 mins. It takes 3 total people including you sitting on the bike. Handles way better now, sag is set to 32mm (was 20 when they started).
Haven't tried yet but took a look today.

Got any pics? Is yours fully open?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can check tommorow... but, its based on your weight, and its measured based on how much the bike compresses when you sit on it... it should "sag" around 30mm when you sit on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are the 2017 oem shocks any better than the 2015 shocks?! Asking about the Scout not the Bobber. Thanks

·
Rider
360 Posts
Supposedly, yes (I think they switched to progressive springs). But I have a 2017 Scout (not Bobber) and they bottomed out all the time anyway... even after having set the sag. I just upgraded to the K-Tech Bullits and they seem essentially the same on regular bumps, but 1000% better on the bone crushers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts