Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My bobber have 24k km and i ride it every day, in every condition, frequently with a passenger.
I live in Rome: the capital of pizza, spaghetti and... potholes!

I read everything about shocks and I'm interested to gain a benefits only about potholes.

Now: i need a simply, clear help from you!
I would know If who upgraded the shock now have a benefit in comfort.

Please: let me know which shocks you run and the benefits about potholes!

Inviato dal mio SM-A600FN utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have only a couple 500mile rides on my new bobber and another 500m of local rides on potholed roads here in the American Midwest. Although I have a pair of RaceTech shocks on order, if I had to do it again, I would have started with something more financially responsible - namely, replacing the springs. I’m only 170#s w/o gear, but i found the springs to be WAY too heavy. So I’d suggest getting a pair of proper weight springs for stock shocks first to see if that is enough improvement. Would be a lot cheaper than getting new shocks.

Also, I’d suggest upgrading your seat immediately. I tried the OEM Comfort seat and did not like it. Instead, I modified the stock seat to add this — Products - SHOCKtec. Specifically, I added one layer of gel and one layer of 1/4 Air2Gel. I also scooped out the stock seat by about 1cm more to get some more depth to it. It’s amazing. The gel takes all the vibration and nearly all the shock out of the road while still being firm -maybe firmer than the stock seat. I’ve done two 500m rides with it and loved it. I can’t think of a better budget improvement to a Bobber than this seat upgrade (take maybe 2 hours total) plus new springs (couple hours and maybe 200).

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bump. Would like reading opinions here. Shocks are my next do. I thought I'd have it done soon but the clutch plates and second new cable threw a delay into the plans. Texas has good roads but with the new seating position with the mini-apes, shocks are a need. I bought a Solo Touring Mustang seat almost a year ago, never used it with the factory scout bars on. Gave it a few shots, the stock seat felt better. With the new bars, the Mustang seat hasn't come off. Good improvement, still needing more improvement however and shocks will be that.

Good luck in Rome. What a great city to ride live in and ride a motorcycle in. I'm very jealous despite the pot-holes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts