Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front tire has high low spots down the center. Took it in for 10K service and was told my fork seal oil is bad and causing this. Anyone else have this issue? Thoughts???

·
Rider
1,404 Posts
Could simply be the tyre that's out of round. Bin any weights and stick some balancing beads in the tyre, this will determine whether it's the forks or wheel/tyre or better still take the wheel off and stick it on a balancer as is to see the status of it's current setup would be my course of action, not at the dealership but at a tyre shop.

Reactions: Fujoshi

·
Bronze member
3,470 Posts
My front tire has high low spots down the center. Took it in for 10K service and was told my fork seal oil is bad and causing this. Anyone else have this issue? Thoughts??? View attachment 592885
my thoughts are BS.. it's got the classic wear of a tire under inflated... what year is your bike... advice... run it out unless you can't stand it... the tire is lost to bring back..

·
Rider
1,332 Posts
Wouldn't someone immediately feel that !?!?

Reactions: Fujoshi

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks to me like the tire wasn't balanced correctly
Thank you. I am going to get a new tire on Saturday. There aren't any weights on the front rim. I don't think they put any on from when I bought it cuz there isn't any glue marks

·
Registered
412 Posts
you can do everything perfect with those kendas and they just wear like crap. they are a crappy tire that should be replaced with a better brand asap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts