Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

BMC Motorcycle - BEWARE

Tags
bmc corbin
10K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  cassandracarnesecca8 
#1 ·
Just wanted to warn anyone who's thinking about buying a seat from them... DON'T DO IT!

First it took them 2 months to deliver my seat (I'm patient and they told me upfront so not a huge deal) but once it finally arrived it was not what I ordered. I ordered the Corbin Brave saddle and I went back and forth with them via email on the design I wanted (including pictures) and had them confirm that they understood what I wanted. What I received was not the Corbin Brave design but something completely different.

They tried to tell me that that's what I ordered but luckily I had all the emails of exactly what I wanted and them confirming it. So after sending them the emails they offered me a refund.

I followed up today on my refund and now they are telling me I'm not eligible for a refund because I installed/rode with the seat (I did not even install it) AND they want me to pay for them to ship it back to me! This is the honestly the worst company I've ever had to deal with.

I ordered the seat I wanted from Corbin (for a lower price and they said it'll be a month)... Should've just went with Corbin from the beginning.

See less See more
#3 ·
I was literally about to order from them too. A couple weeks ago I inquired about a render of what the saddle would look like in the materials of my choosing. They ended up sending me a render of “the wall” seat. It had me worried to say the least. But it sounds like there’s some kind of miscommunication going on that they aren’t getting what we’re asking for

#4 ·
After finding BMC on IG, I ordered a "Widow Maker" for my SG, it did take some time to get due to the virus BS, which is understandable. But I was having a issue with the nose of the seat sitting up about 5/8" off the dash? Well I adjusted the rear tab and couldn't get it to sit down. So I said "Screw it, its comfortable" but then I was riding and had stopped at a bar with a bunch of riders and a guy asked me about a fold on the side of the seat that i hadn't noticed? Well the side where the band wraps the seat it looks as though theres a fold in the leather. I sent Tyler a email inquiring about it and he said I could send it back and they'd look at it. So I sent it back and when they looked at it they said it was meant to be that way for a crash bar insert, and he said Big Mike and Corbins team said it was okay, but I looked at all the ones online and NONE of them have the fold or blemish? I could never get Tyler to tell me why mine looked different from the ones on they're website?? So Tyler offers me a refund because he said that they could sell it to a dealer at the same cost and I only sat on it twice. So I took the refund but should've read the return policy. With tax im over $700 for this seat and they gave me a $416.00 refund??? "Big Mike" spends a lot of time telling everyone that they're NEXT LEVEL! Instead of addressing they're customers legitimate complaints they dismiss you and steal a couple hundred bucks from you with the BS refund. NEXT LEVEL PIECE OF SHIT! DONT GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR MONEY*

#5 ·
Yup, still trying to get my refund from them! They told me my seat was ridden on and I wasn't eligible for a refund yet I saw they sold the seat already as new 😂 I mean WTF?! You tell me no refund because it's not in new condition and then sell it as new lol
Never dealt with a worse company.... didn't know such bad service actually existed... It's actually laughable how bad it is.

#7 ·
Yup Max Kool is right.
You can dispute it and contact the Bank.
Thats also debit card too.
You didnt get what was agreed on.
They institution will temp credit your acct and investigate in your behalf.
I have had to do just that several times and yes it works well for you.
If something isnt right by you for the price you paid then go back for your money.
If everyone did just this these scumbags wouldnt be doing what they are doing.

#8 ·
I actually did dispute this with the credit card company but they sided with BMC. They didn't explain why and I was surprised as I had emails and everything that seemed to prove everything. Still trying to work it out with BMC but if not I'll see what my legal options are. They sold my seat to someone else and still have my money, can't see how they could win in court if that's how it ends up going.
They really are the worst, I'm hoping this thread costs them some business & I'd love to see them go under. A company with customer service this bad should not be in business

#12 · (Edited)
Agree if someone lives in the States; however, Its actually cheaper for us Canucks to order from a third party than direct from Corbin.
When I purchased my seat I called Corbin directly to order from them and they told me right away that it would be cheaper for me to purchase their seat from a Canadian distributor.
Reason for it; the distributor orders in so much product at once that they cover the duties/custom fees, etc for the entire order resulting in a cheaper price for us compared to us ordering direct for just one seat.
I ended up buying from Dynamic Cycle Parts in Canada and it saved me nearly a $100 in duties/customs compared to buying direct.
Saying that though I got the wrong color seat when it arrived; which was not D.C.Parts fault - it was Corbins screw up.
End of day I kept the seat as it was because I actually liked there screw up better than what I had ordered; so it worked out for me.

#18 ·
Corbin seats in the UK/Europe is akin to daylight robbery without the service offered your Side of the Pond.

A Corbin Gunfighter seat can be had for £431 in my money your Side of the Pond. Ship it over here and stick a 72% sticker price hike on it and try to sell it for £740 in my money or $1011:65 in USD. Needless to say Corbin can 'go kiss my swingers.' Rip off merchants.

#21 ·
I'm curious what came of this because the exact same situation is happening to my husband with an $820 custom seat that was order but came as something totally different. Even down to them claiming it was riden on and damaged. Now not wanting to give a refund or even replace the original seat that was ordered. Looking for advise on how to get what we paid for or at least get our money back.

#23 ·
Super late, sorry hadn't logged on in a while.

So they kept saying they couldn't refund me because they hadn't gotten the money back. I called the credit card company multiple times and they said that wasn't true. I kept being patient but after months of back & forth I told them if I didn't get the refund I would take them to court. Got the refund back the same day.

#22 ·
Thanks for the info. I wanted a Brave Fastback and the seat/helmet lock. And seeing the seat at $686 both places I was going with BMC to order the lock, also.

The stories here def changed my mind. Won't deal with people like that.

Thanks again, guys, for saving me the possible aggravation.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.