Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls
currently shopping around for headset
What’s your favourite one that will work good with the ride command on the Ftr ?

another question here : is there a big difference on sound and performance comparing stock exhaust on the S version and the RR with Akrapovik exhaust?? ill be buying pretty soon as they have massive deals on ‘19 left over
Debating if it worth spending the extra $1000$ (cnd) for a race replica or save money for aftermarket exhaust with tuner later down the road. Thanks sharing this forum is awesome! Lots of great infos post buying anyways, cheers ??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Don't know about your dealership but I wanted the race replica but not the exhausts so they swapped them out for stock and dropped the price. Maybe that's another option?

·
Bronze member
2,033 Posts
You’re paying for the slightly lighter exhaust and red frame for the rr.

No performance difference

And cardo packtalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the lexin ft4 with the pro speakers. The pro unit comes with updated speakers with better bass and a higher volume. The volume on both versions is PLENTY high but the pro speakers sound much better. Tbh, not the biggest fan of using my Google pixel paired to my FTR. Just too much going on between that AND the lexin unit. I just pair my phone to the lexin unit together and leave the Indian unit separate.

·
Rider
1,154 Posts
Hi guys and girls
currently shopping around for headset
What’s your favourite one that will work good with the ride command on the Ftr ?
??? Obviously I am missing something here or others have?

There is no full Ride Command facility on the FTR, not on mine anyway, but there are those beavering away trying to find a solution. I too use a Sena S10 as I had it already and it avoids connecting to the bike at all and works extremely well. I extended the standard SAE connector up to the left hand side of the seat and use it to keep both the phone and Sena fully charged on longer trips by means of a double USB/SAE adaptor.

I didn't want a RR but went with an S model and had the Akros fitted. If you decide to ditch the catalytic converter there was an issue regarding the design of the exhaust hanger bracket and the pipes splitting on the standard black OEM cans. The design was changed on later models. The standard pipes are also very thin walled.

Reactions: Neverstockjp

·
Registered
3 Posts
No performance difference between the stock and the Akras. Even when you pull the baffles out of the Akras.
I have the lexin ft4 with the pro speakers. The pro unit comes with updated speakers with better bass and a higher volume. The volume on both versions is PLENTY high but the pro speakers sound much better. Tbh, not the biggest fan of using my Google pixel paired to my FTR. Just too much going on between that AND the lexin unit. I just pair my phone to the lexin unit together and leave the Indian unit separate.
That
I use a Sena S10, can blutooth my phone and ipod and also talk to another rider
Don't know about your dealership but I wanted the race replica but not the exhausts so they swapped them out for stock and dropped the price. Maybe that's another option?
one [email protected] ferraiolo1 View attachment 576869

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i need some help , i am having problems my UCLEAR FORCE after connecting my phone with my FTR, i am not longer have audio on my UCLEAR, i have the opion to mange my phone calls , but there is not audio.

·
Registered
215 Posts
hi, i need some help , i am having problems my UCLEAR FORCE after connecting my phone with my FTR, i am not longer have audio on my UCLEAR, i have the opion to mange my phone calls , but there is not audio.
Make sure your UCLEAR is paired with your FTR, not paired with your phone, then it should work.

Reactions: Hatt

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
As @murr2k States. I use the UCLEAR motion 6 and sometimes it connects to phone First and I get same thing. If it connects to bike first, all good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As @murr2k States. I use the UCLEAR motion 6 and sometimes it connects to phone First and I get same thing. If it connects to bike first, all good.
Great, now it works perfectly, I removed the UCLEAR from my phone and now is paired directly to my FTR. Thank you for the tip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts