Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Bluetooth Handlebar Speakers - Problems?

9K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Oldrodder 
#1 ·
I have the Kuryakin made bluetooth speakers with the Indian Branding (an additional $200)...they look good, but they are terrible! I can listen to about 4 songs before the sound stops coming through the speakers. I check my device and it's still playing, I check the bluetooth connection and it's still connected, but no sound. When I can hear the sound, it's not loud at all. I can't barely make out the music playing when i'm riding 30mph. I don't think the heavy price tag is worth these at all. I'm searching for some good speakers but so far, I haven't found anything worthy. I want to return these to the dealership. I'd think that with that huge price tag, Indian should back up these speakers in a warranty. I'm still waiting to hear if the dealer will return them.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems with these speakers? Can anyone recommend better sounding (and working) speakers?

#2 ·
I responded on another post about these speakers, but will address it again here. I have them, and for me, they are loud enough. They are definately lounder with the cable versus bluetooth. Not much of a problem for me because I keep the phone in the windshield bag anyway where the cables is. I have found the cutting out to be temporary due to incoming calls, texts or emails. Once they are done, the music comes back on...of course this is with the cable. I cannot remember how it was with bluetooth. My main problem was with the right speaker not being as loud as the left while connected to bluetooth. I have warranty claim in with Indian now. But, using the cable, it seems to work perfectly.

I'd say use the cable, and see if you get better sound and quality. I'd also say see about putting in a claim with Indian. My goal is if they want to offer a replacement to just ask for maybe half credit, and keep what I currently have. Win win I think.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I could try using the audio cable and see if that helps. My dealer said that Indian will return/replace these under their warranty, which is great. Maybe it's a good thing I bought the Indian branded version so that I can return them.

As for why the music stops playing, I have tried everything to troubleshoot. I used three different devices, left it running for a long time, and every single test, the music would stop coming through the speakers. I know when I get a phone call or text it may drop out for a second, but my music doesn't ever come back. Not very easy to try to get the music back on when I'm riding down the road.

#4 ·
Yeah, I think that cutting out issue is a product flaw with the bluetooth. In my Audi, I don't have to do anything. When I take my phone out of the car, and return, no matter how long away, it picks right up where the song left off. I think using the cable will resolve the issue.

#8 ·
One thing to keep in mind with the Indian Bluetooth Speakers.... (the code to pair is six digits) - you device has to allow that many also. I bought a BT Zen MP3 and it only allowed 4 digits and would not pair. Brought it up to the dealer and there was no way to do that. So I returned it for an apple Nano (IPhones work also)....they allow more then 4 digits in the pairing device. Just an fyi.

#12 ·
I just bought my 2015 Vintage. It came with the Indian brand Bluetooth Audio. I can't pair my phone because I don't have the PIN. Can anyone tell me if this is a generic number or bike specific? If it's generic, could you please share? The original owner spilled a pot of coffee on his Owner's Manual, so that's not available to me!. Also, school me on the cable to attach to the music source. Where does it connect to? Where can I buy one?
Thanks for all your help,
Mike

#11 ·
Mine do the same. Bluetooth worked for a while, them just stops. I gave up, and just started using the cable jack. And since I use the cable jack, I figure don't I'd use a different input too. I bought a satellite radio receiver and keep it in the windshield/handlebar bag. That worked great in Oklahoma. Not quite as good now that I moved to Alabama, where there are trees.....

#14 ·
I just bought my 2015 Vintage. It came with the Indian brand Bluetooth Audio. I can't pair my phone because I don't have the PIN. Can anyone tell me if this is a generic number or bike specific? If it's generic, could you please share? The original owner spilled a pot of coffee on his Owner's Manual, so that's not available to me!. Also, school me on the cable to attach to the music source. Where does it connect to? Where can I buy one?
Thanks for all your help,
Mike
Were you the fellow who was asking how to remove the nacelle to access the speaker cable?

The PIN# is discrete to each unit. The six-digit code is on a piece of white tape wrapped around one of the cables. You should be able to hunt around and find it without removing the nacelle, which is a PITA.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.