Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you connect your phone with the bike via bluetooth and have bluetooth headphones running at the same time? My mobile phone seems to old to test it, I'm limited with the apple airpods and with the software of the Indian :( But I get a new phone in a few weeks, so I wonder. I think it would be stupid if it doesn't work but who knows, the gps navigator(this needs a hack asap:>) is also not implemented into the FTR, so there is a possiblity that :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
Yes a headset and phone can be paired to the ride command at the same time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ridin_low

·
Registered
Joined
·
796 Posts
I tried pairing both. My music wouldn’t play through the headset when the phone was paired to the bike. I ended up canning the pairing on the bike. Just run from phone to headset via Bluetooth. It was to much of a hassle. But that’s just me mate....👍😎🇦🇺
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
I’ve had no real issues with my iPhone and Sena headset pairing. Before I got the Sena I used some bluetooth earbuds instead and they worked well also through the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Where you may end up experiencing difficulty is when you pair a phone to a BT headset or BT headphones and then try to pair the phone to the bike. It works best when there is no pair between the phone and BT headset and there is only a pair between the phone and bike along with a pair between the Bt headset and the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried pairing both. My music wouldn’t play through the headset when the phone was paired to the bike. I ended up canning the pairing on the bike. Just run from phone to headset via Bluetooth. It was to much of a hassle. But that’s just me mate....👍😎🇦🇺
Same here. I would like to use the comfort of skiping tracks and adjust the volume, when I'm on the bike, other than getting me phone out with gloves etc. But I think the problem here is our old OS on our phone. I mean, I can see my songs on the display every now and than but they won't play over my BT-Headphones. So disconnect/ignore my phone on the bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
=
I tried pairing both. My music wouldn’t play through the headset when the phone was paired to the bike. I ended up canning the pairing on the bike. Just run from phone to headset via Bluetooth. It was to much of a hassle. But that’s just me mate....👍😎🇦🇺
Same here. I would like to use the comfort of skiping tracks and adjust the volume, when I'm on the bike, other than getting me phone out with gloves etc. But I think the problem here is our old OS on our phone. I mean, I can see my songs on the display every now and than but they won't play over my BT-Headphones. So disconnect/ignore my phone on the bike.
I'm not aware of a volume control on the ride command. Are you using android phones? I had the same issue. I had to go into my bluetooth settings and slide the option "media audio."
 

·
Rider
Joined
·
715 Posts
598469
F571996B-2387-41F5-A74E-7C4BFDDD352B.png
First make sure the volume is up on your ear buds and phone. Also when I pair both phone and Lexin, if I pair the Lexin first then the FTR always over takes the phones pair so I now turn the bike on and let it pair to my phone then pair my Lexin device for music and phone calls. Also if you have an iPhone you can change what’s taking priority for your Bluetooth by clicking this small button on the bottom of your music page. It has a triangle with 3 rings around it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Skipping tracks is incredibly easy when paired phone->ride command->headset.

The menu joystick functions like a traditional skip/restart/reverse skip when you press it right and left. As far as the volume goes, try leaving your phone at a fixed output and using your headset to adjust it.

-take all of this with a grain of salt. I ride without music 90% of the time, the other 10% I usually forget to charge my Sena and end up without music anyways.
 

·
Rider
Joined
·
715 Posts
I love keeping both phone and Lexin device connected at the same time. That why i can change my music with my thumb on the Handel bar so no need to touch my phone or headset. Also I know whose calling me on the screen so I know if I want to answer it or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the obvoius reason for using headphones is navigation. I can navigate better by ear than looking at a screen, not to say it's much safer.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top