Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just bought a 2017 chieftain elite and i have issues with the music and i hope somebody here can help me before i have to go to the dealer.
I have a blackberry phone (key2) and i was playing music with it via bluetooth and all of the sudden the music slowed down (pandora and amazon music), it sounds like it is played at half speed so it is weird, my phone is up to date so i don't know if i need to up to date the bike's software. So then i decided to buy a memory stick and put music there, now when i plug in the memory stick i have all the songs listed but it will only play one song and i have to go back to the menu and click songs and play all to play the next one, i cannot forwad the songs at all.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
370 Posts
The slow down I have no clue. For the memory stick I think it may have to do with how you have them saved. On mine I have full albums, so once I select an album it shows all the tracks and I can hit 'play all'. Now I suspect the ride command doesn't know diddly about an album but rather folders. I would think, and I'm guessing here, if you arranged your music in folders it would play everything in a folder. Keep in mind this is just theory on my part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The slow down I have no clue. For the memory stick I think it may have to do with how you have them saved. On mine I have full albums, so once I select an album it shows all the tracks and I can hit 'play all'. Now I suspect the ride command doesn't know diddly about an album but rather folders. I would think, and I'm guessing here, if you arranged your music in folders it would play everything in a folder. Keep in mind this is just theory on my part.
Thank you. I'll try that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So update...… I spoke with my local dealer and they said that the Indian basically only works with Iphones or Samsung phones, all other will give you some issues apparently.
As for the memory stick Dvance800cc was right, I downloaded all my music that is on MP3 format to the stick and it works fine.... now I have to figure it out how to change some tunes that are in different formats to MP3.
Hope this helps others

1 - 4 of 4 Posts