Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been topics on this before a while back. But I thought I would add some more info, or most likely just updates.

I have used these on other bikes in the past and have had great results with them. http://www.speedbleeder.com/index.htm

These replace the standard bleeder valve with a bleeder valve that has a heavy duty spring and check valve inside. This allows you to bleed the brakes without having to hook up a vacuum device or the other way by always closing the bleeder valve after each pump. The check valve and spring prevent air form being pulled back into the valve. This allows you to crack the bleeder a 1/8 -1/4 turn and simply pump the brakes while keeping the reservoir full.

Installation is simple. Remove the existing bleeder valves, some fluid will leak out of course, and put the new ones in. Then simply pump the brakes while keeping the reservoir full. Easy peasy.

But wait: Don't we have to bleed ABS a special way?????? Indian uses a very basic ABS system and it uses standard brake bleeding procedures.

Okay, what parts do I need?: The website hasn't updated the compatibility in a while but here is what you will need. These fit all Thunderstroke engine bikes from 2014 - 2020

You will need 3 bleeder valves: 2 of SB8125L (these are for the rear caliper and Right front Caliper) and 1 of SB8125LL (this is for the left front caliper only.)

For some weird reason (seen this on metric bikes too) the Left brake caliper uses a much longer bleed valve. So the SB8125LL is longer to match the factory longer bleed valve on the left front caliper.

I got this info from here on the forum from posts several years ago, so I won't take credit. But for those who want to save big bucks from getting your brake fluid flushed every 2 years as it should, this is the easiest way to go.

Buy the way, the website is very basic, but 4 years ago and last week when I ordered, they were shipped out promptly.

·
German rider
687 Posts
They where purchased from "Goodridge" on Ebay or Amazon too.
It seems they are similar looking and Goodridge is a Manufacturer of Brake Fittings from UK.
Seems so... but I am not shure if it is not simple China Crap covered by a Name "Goodridge",
because I found standard Bleeder Nipples on Goodridge UK Site only but no Speed Bleeder.
So be carefull where you think to order.

·
Bronze member
2,640 Posts
Well you learn something new every day, does anyone know why the front bleeders are different sizes?

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They where purchased from "Goodridge" on Ebay or Amazon too.
It seems they are similar looking and Goodridge is a Manufacturer of Brake Fittings from UK.
Seems so... but I am not shure if it is not simple China Crap covered by a Name "Goodridge",
because I found standard Bleeder Nipples on Goodridge UK Site only but no Speed Bleeder.
So be carefull where you think to order.

The website I listed is the owner and patent holder of the Speed Bleeders, and they are mad in the USA. Russel and others make similar version in license from him.

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well you learn something new every day, does anyone know why the front bleeders are different sizes?

No, but when I did my V Star 1300 the left and right were different sizes as well. And all the Indian bikes are all metric in design.

·
Bronze member
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is one of the original posts showing the pictures of the factory and speed bleeders.

·
German rider
687 Posts
Do you know an european license manufacturer?
I can not find if SpeedBleeder is shipping international.
But I want to get the good ones, not the something ebaymazon parts from behind.

·
Bronze member
2,546 Posts
I replaced my bleeder nipples with Speedbleeders and I wondered the same...why would they use two different sizes on the front? Nissin, a Japanese company, is the caliper manufacturer, so I’m sure there is a reason, I just don’t know why.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts