Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
<span style='font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: red; font-size: 7.5pt;'>Hello, I am anxiously waiting to pick up my new Chieftain. While at the dealer both my wife and I really liked the look of the distressed tan leather seats. Like Mr. Henry Ford once said, 'You can have any color as long as it's black'. Then we were told that a Vintage owner wanted Black and may be willing to trade. Well it looks like that deal is not going through. So before I ante up the big bucks for another set of seats I thought I would put it out here and see if there was any one else wanting to do a swap. If not I will have to store them (to keep the old 707 'original') or put them on Craig&rsquo;s list. Thanks</span>

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
19653 said:
<span style='font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 7.5pt;'>Hello, I am anxiously waiting to pick up my new Chieftain. While at the dealer both my wife and I really liked the look of the distressed tan leather seats. Like Mr. Henry Ford once said, 'You can have any color as long as it's black'. Then we were told that a Vintage owner wanted Black and may be willing to trade. Well it looks like that deal is not going through. So before I ante up the big bucks for another set of seats I thought I would put it out here and see if there was any one else wanting to do a swap. If not I will have to store them (to keep the old 707 'original') or put them on Craig&rsquo;s list. Thanks</span>

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I want to switch to tan also, I am thinking about just getting it re-covered. That way I can keep the original seat and still buy the driver backrest. Shouldn't cost more than $350, and I can get some custom stitching, etc... BTW - the brown tank strap is $95. I had them look it up at the dealership. I will probably just order a custom one from Horn Dawg leather.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I am not familiar with Horn Dawg but it sounds like it may be worth a try or at least a look. The dealer is quoting close to $1800 for new seats and passenger backrest.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
If I was buying a Chief I think I'd recover the seats with a weathered Bomber Jacket Brown leather. The tan is nice but too orange IMO.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Corbin is selling a very nice distressed leather seat for Indian. Good luck finding someone willing to trade :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the Corbin seats and am not all that impressed with the diamond stitching pattern on the seats. A bit to busy for me. I am picking the bike up on Saturday and am not holding out for a seat swap. Being from Western ny I could hold out until riding season in spring. My concern is not only the expense. But if I don't order the new seats soon it may take until spring before they arrive. I could get a heated seat sooner but at 6'4' I really don't need a reduced reach saddle. Then I have to worry about the backrest for my wife. I wonder if Corbin can do the seat without all that stitching.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to Corbin last week because I want a tan seat. The guy I talked to said they could do any pattern I want...stitching...studs...etc. It's worth a call.
At the time I talked to him, they had just ordered a new batch of distressed tan as they weren't pleased with the wear of the previous batch. Once they get the new batch in, they will have to test it before they will release it. But, I think we're talking weeks, not months.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
4902 said:
If I was buying a Chief I think I'd recover the seats with a weathered Bomber Jacket Brown leather. The tan is nice but too orange IMO.
I think that's what Corbin is offering....distressed tan...don't think they like the 'orange' look either....

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
BTW...found from another post. Check this link our for awesome 3D tank decals...MUCH better than stock: http://www.zambinibrosmfa.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts