Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have our own tradition on Black Friday. Grab our guns and ammo, head to the range, put a few hundred rounds through each, head back to the garage, put on music, pour whiskey, light up some cigars, disassemble, check, clean thoroughly and oil the guns.

image.jpg

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell Meggie, lets see the targets and see how good your aim is............:cool::cool::cool:
First hundred rounds, no practice, 7, 15 and 25 yards. Python on the right, chambered with 38sp, Sphinx SPD 9mm on the left. The way we score here, that's 500 points. Kicked my husband's butt, but then again, he is not a real Texan.

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Ah, the smell of Hoppe's #9 in the morning.

Such a pleasure to shoot a 38/357 revolver with a nice heavy 4" barrel. And a great photo to boot. After a look at the targets, you should title the photo, "Cleaning Up".

roadrunner -

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet Python ......
Ah, the smell of Hoppe's #9 in the morning.

Such a pleasure to shoot a 38/357 revolver with a nice heavy 4" barrel. And a great photo to boot. After a look at the targets, you should title the photo, "Cleaning Up".

roadrunner -
Thanks! It's really an incredible gun. Smoothest trigger on any gun I've ever shot, shoots where pointed, never fails. Wish I found a concealable equivalent.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Nice shooting Meggie! Sounds like a great way to spend Black Friday.

My wife is a great shooter, too...she was on her college's (Big 10 University) rifle team...I do NOT shoot against her even though I received the Marksmanship Award while serving in the military.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Thanks! It's really an incredible gun. Smoothest trigger on any gun I've ever shot, shoots where pointed, never fails. Wish I found a concealable equivalent.
Not sure you can find an easily concealable equivalent. Part of that magic recipe that makes them so accurate and a pleasure to shoot is the weight and size.

As for carrying the python, I would be a little paranoid that if that unlikely day came that I needed to retrieve my concealed carry and use it, it would end up in some police evidence locker forever. Not a good place for a beautiful python.

shoot'em straight

roadrunner -

·
Registered
711 Posts
The Kimber Ultra Carry comes in either .45 ACP or the smaller 9mm. The Kimber .380 models are called Micro Carry.
Correct. Owners choice on the Ultra. Micro is good for escaping a bad situation. Ultra is better for just ending it. Quality carry - point of aim is point of impact and trigger pull is consistent and smooth (can be a bit lighter with a little armorer help). Infinitely better accuracy than the over used Colt's the government issued us although they were tough as nails. :)

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looked at the Micro. The Ultra looks sweet! Appears to be half way, size- and weight-wise between my Sphinx SPD and the P938. Never owned a 45.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts