·
Registered
168 Posts
Or you could just buy the black bolt caps and save the $$$ for something else:

·
Registered
94 Posts

Anyone know if those are easy to remove?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,262 Posts

If you take your bike to a dealership. Mechanics HATE these caps. They can be a PITA to remove, shoot off across the shop and roll under work benches and tool boxes, get lost. Some shops will add labor time when they have to deal with these caps and some will not cover the cost of any caps that may be lost or damaged.

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse
226 Posts
For US folks, also check out GS CUSTOM IMAGING. Small business guy that is awesome to work with, based out of Minnesota I believe. Used him to get all my engine bolts blacked out.

·
Bronze member
2018 Scout Bobber and Scout 60
1,272 Posts
Has anyone successfully swapped their chrome-ended engine bolts for black ones? I'm chasing the Dark-Horse look for my 2020 Bobber. I've looked at the following kit;
Buy Screws4bikes stainless steel bolt sets black, for Indian Scout models | Louis motorcycle clothing and technology - do the affected bolts need to be torque-wrench adjusted, or is it a straight swap with sensible tightening by hand?

Welcome any suggestions or advice from someone who's done the same.
View attachment 578267
I got my bolts from G&S custom imaging. Really good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking for these. But in red
Someone on the US forum recently had their replacement bolt-kit custom powdercoated in Winter-Green. I suspect you'd have to do the same;- not aware of anyone selling a pre-coated kit in red.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would like to do this as well, but I can’t see where Louis .eu will even accept orders or deliver to the US. Has anyone else found someone offering a black bolt kit for the Scout Bobber?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to do this as well, but I can’t see where Louis .eu will even accept orders or deliver to the US. Has anyone else found someone offering a black bolt kit for the Scout Bobber?
Did you find a US based set? I'm looking to get a set of replacement bolts to switch out the rusted ones for stainless steel. Black would be great but happy with anything that wont rust!
Tire Wheel Water Sky Fuel tank

!

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout Bobber 69 & 2021 Indian Chieftain
310 Posts
I would love to blackout my engine like this one.
It does look like the valve covers were painted, and that looks sweet. I wonder what he/she did in the center box of the frame, looks like they placed a piece of stainless or aluminum there for contrast maybe? Other than that, it looks bone stock. The valve covers really make a difference though.

·
Rider
1,718 Posts
If you need to inquire if the affected bolts require torquing just buy the caps and fit them, it will be a lot less bother. Ironically I did mine just yesterday after having my new Scout delivered. Takes about 10 minutes but you'll not quite be able to do them all. Caps are a lot less mither than people may suggest and if you winterize or treat the bike for riding with ACF50 beforehand the zinc coating on the standard bolts will not deteriorate as they always normally do.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you find a US based set? I'm looking to get a set of replacement bolts to switch out the rusted ones for stainless steel. Black would be great but happy with anything that wont rust!
View attachment 663852
!
G&S Custom Imaging have bolt sets in multiple colors. I had good luck and the quality seems fine. You will probably have too many bolts! But better than too many rather than not enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts