Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, do you have spare bits laying around that one of our members may have a want, need or hankering for? Maybe we should stick stuff up to see. I have a spare right hand pipe mount for the side number plates and also the standard rear number plate and indicator bracket plus the standard cat box. Any takers just drop me a message. Anyone else got stuff to put up?
cheers,
馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
Left side passenger peg (right side too if I can figure out how to get rid of it), both stock mirrors, a full set of four amber lens indicators, and the passenger grab bars (is that what they're called??) that are usually located under the pax seat. Hopefully soon I will have what you folks have dubbed the "possum scraper" once I get my undertail plate mount.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
box in my shed of stock parts. hanging on to it if I ever get defected, or if I find someone local who needs stuff for repairs. costs too much to send overseas
It鈥檚 just a thought. We can do the Aus thing and the OS guys can do theirs. 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
I made the mistake of passing on the catalytic convertor from a vehicle once to someone in Germany where rules were stricter. They wanted to smash the matrix out of it to use it as a decat pipe whilst still looking like a cat and retain their own intact cat for test purposes.
Did I regret it two years later when they changed retrospectively the annual MOT test in my own country and my vehicle then became in the category whereupon a cat was needed to be fitted for the test? Never say never.

"Breto keep the cat Justin"...鈥.Just in case. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I made the mistake of passing on the catalytic convertor from a vehicle once to someone in Germany where rules were stricter. They wanted to smash the matrix out of it to use it as a decat pipe whilst still looking like a cat and retain their own intact cat for test purposes.
Did I regret it two years later when they changed retrospectively the annual MOT test in my own country and my vehicle then became in the category whereupon a cat was needed to be fitted for the test? Never say never.

"Breto keep the cat Justin"...鈥.Just in case. 馃榿
Nah man. It鈥檚 a piece of shit. Way to restrictive and way too hot on your legs. If I can get rid of it I鈥檒l melt it down into some sort of art blobby thing. Actually I might make a letter box out of it. 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
You have obviously totally missed my point Breto.

I agree it's a piece of shit and ditched mine before I even took delivery of the bike but I asked for it and have stashed it.
Nevertheless there may come a day whereupon legislation demands it being refitted just to pass checks if you have any?
As far as I'm concerned the only thing that may be of remote interest to me is if you melt it down into a bullet shape and shove it up your japeye or use it as a suppository. Record it, I'll watch it! Do with it what you will it was only a small snippet of advice.

馃ぃ馃榿(y)

Reactions: edgelett

Registered
I鈥檝e got some aftermarket bits I鈥檒l be parting with, for sale thread to follow.
If anyone is interested, Im parting with
QD slip on exhaust (as per my other post)
Indian Carbon Fiber Front Fender,
Indian Tracker Seat Assembly in the metallic black,
Saddlemen Seat, finished in plain leather (wasn鈥檛 a fan of the fake Carbon look material) has the gel insert..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have obviously totally missed my point Breto.

I agree it's a piece of shit and ditched mine before I even took delivery of the bike but I asked for it and have stashed it.
Nevertheless there may come a day whereupon legislation demands it being refitted just to pass checks if you have any?
As far as I'm concerned the only thing that may be of remote interest to me is if you melt it down into a bullet shape and shove it up your japeye or use it as a suppository. Record it, I'll watch it! Do with it what you will it was only a small snippet of advice.

馃ぃ馃榿(y)
Nah man I got your point but I probably won鈥檛 be around when all that happens mate. The only time we have to do a road worthy is if you sell the bike or you let your rego lapse past it鈥檚 due date. In qld I think you get 14 days grace and then they want your plates back from memory. It鈥檚 different across the states. Act was 12 months and then you had to put it back over the pits. The other one is being defected by the cops. In which case it has to be inspected again. So really I鈥檓 not worried mate. They even replace the cats on the demos here as well. Have a beer and calm down man. It鈥檚 all good. And it would want to be a big Bullet mate I鈥檒l tell ya. 馃槀馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol, "stock tune"
I could never get that to stay in the crate. Always had to use a box. The 1s and 0s keep falling through the crates holes.
馃槀馃槀馃槀馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

Rider
We have no emission checks on motorcycles over here at all at the moment and any new vehicle doesn't have to have an M.O.T. test until the three year point, thereafter it needs a roadworthiness check every year afterwards.
A lot of people myself included mistakenly thought that the rules couldn't be changed retrospectively? Expensive assumption for all those that historically ditched their catalytic converters and then needed one for test purposes only. Kept mine as experience dictates it's the prudent thing to do. Shame about the bullet I thought it was a cracking if not eye wateringly great idea?

馃榿馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We have no emission checks on motorcycles over here at all at the moment and any new vehicle doesn't have to have an M.O.T. test until the three year point, thereafter it needs a roadworthiness check every year afterwards.
A lot of people myself included mistakenly thought that the rules couldn't be changed retrospectively? Expensive assumption for all those that historically ditched their catalytic converters and then needed one for test purposes only. Kept mine as experience dictates it's the prudent thing to do. Shame about the bullet I thought it was a cracking if not eye wateringly great idea?

馃榿馃槀
Ah well, ya get that 馃槀馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
or if the police pull you over for a random licence check and decide to check your bike for defects.
never say never mate.
Yeah well I think most of the Harleys here would be pulled up before any of us. At idle it鈥檚 no louder than most. My wife鈥檚 bobber is way louder than mine at idle. As long as your not being a dumb ass it鈥檚 all good. Anyway, it鈥檚 in the shed tucked away...I like the letter box idea mind you 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

1 - 20 of 24 Posts