Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my daughter's today she gave me my birthday present a couple of days early. She has reached that stage in life where she likes to make gifts. Here is the blanket she made me...(the wife told me to edit this and call it a throw).

IMG_20141207_185532[1].jpg

Very cool huh?

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Yes, very cool.
A one of a kind creation made with love....it just don't get no better than that!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I was at my daughter's today she gave me my birthday present a couple of days early. She has reached that stage in life where she likes to make gifts. Here is the blanket she made me...(the wife told me to edit this and call it a throw).

View attachment 3785

Very cool huh?

Semper Fi,
DrZ
Definitely cool, I like that. Congrats and if she ever feels like making another, well ...... LOL

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is. I have 3 sons don't think I'm likely to see anything handmade............
I rebuilt a 60 Chevy Impala SS and gave it to my Dad for his 75th birthday. Does that count?

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Reactions: taboothe

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! I agree with throw, normally smaller than blanket
Bad news in Blackrock. I have to relearn the name of things at my age? Hell...I am still getting used calling a mobile phone a smartphone.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Reactions: CavemanHHH

·
Registered
433 Posts
Your phone is smart? Mines an idiot. I can iron better than my wife and clean but that is because I was in the Navy. My sons however were not and they didn't offer shop class anymore when they were in High School so I never got my cutting board. Boo Hoo Hoo

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your phone is smart? Mines an idiot. I can iron better than my wife and clean but that is because I was in the Navy. My sons however were not and they didn't offer shop class anymore when they were in High School so I never got my cutting board. Boo Hoo Hoo
I was going to say...any Vet knows how to iron, sweep, mop, sew on, and sometimes remove, chevrons. Hell I could make a C-Rat damn near palatable!

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Little difference in when we served. I do wonders with an MRE, never had c rations. I did eat t-rations, makes the eggs and ham green. So yes I have eaten
"Green Eggs & Ham"

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little difference in when we served. I do wonders with an MRE, never had c rations. I did eat t-rations, makes the eggs and ham green. So yes I have eaten
"Green Eggs & Ham"
I have tried MRE and definitely had more C-Rats than I ever wanted...and to be honest....MREs suck bigger than C-Rats.
Thank you for your service.
Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

View attachment 3785

Very cool huh?

Semper Fi,
DrZ
You are one lucky dude on many levels

·
Registered
175 Posts
C-rat stew--- just open all the cans and dump em in a pot. Add pepper. (Kind of like my ex-wifes veggie soup)

·
Founding member
961 Posts
Wow! That is very cool. What a great, caring, thoughtful, and hard working daughter! :) You are a very lucky man, Dr. Z. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts