Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am planning to head out to BC then down to Arizona at the of the summer. I am leaving from Hamilton Ontario - that's if we're able to control this COVID problem. Should I go through the States or Canada? What is a better ride? Are there any preferred travel planning websites?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My favorite planning website is google maps. But i use that alongside www.roadsideamerica.com (Canada provinces are included) so i can see if there are any fun or quirky sites or things to see along whichever route i am taking. It really makes the route fun.
As for whether you should go south or north of the border depends on what you want to see. Once you are in the middle of the continent, ie midwest US and Manitoba/Saskatchewan, it is mostly plains and flatland with lots of grain fields (they call it the bread basket for a reason), and scenery to match. If it were me i would stay on the CA side and take the Canadian Transcontinental Hwy 1 all the way to BC just for the history of the road and cooler northerly temps.
Or if you have never ridden through Michigan and the upper penninsula, that is supposed to be a great area to ride, plus you could hit the Mackinac Bridge. Then on to Winnipeg and onto Hwy 1.
1586300003224.png

Whichever route you end up will not be wrong since you will be riding.

·
Bronze member
1,082 Posts
keep posted of border crossings, international is currently closed.
Trump is trying to hold shipments of necessities at US Canada border...
stay in Canada till you can cross

East West highway 16 is a nice bike route not traveled a lot

·
Rider
955 Posts
If you decide to do the north side of Lake Superior, I could possibly meet up with you in Thunder Bay, and join you to Winnipeg....

--
Gordon

·
Rider
452 Posts
I suggest you take the TransCanada Hwy. Riding the North side of Lake Superior has less traffic and nicer scenery than the southern side, in my opinion. I'm sure some would say that there is more tourist stuff on the southern side. Past Kenora, Ontario just put the pedal to the metal until the Alberta border.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts