Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys:

Quick question for any of you riders who have purchased a bike in Canada. Are the gauges, etc in KPH? Or are they all based on MPH and other US standards? Looking at a bike up North and I haven't seen pics of it yet, so wasn't sure.

Thanx guys..

Larry C

·
Silver member
5,291 Posts
Call the seller and ask.

Reactions: DDBCK

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Good luck getting it back to the states. I drove up there a few years ago with a car that had temporary plates. I had to play 50 questions with the US border guard to get it back home. Is the border back open yet?

·
Bronze member
1,324 Posts
Like mentioned above you can toggle to either metric or imperial. If your plan is to import / export it’s not too difficult as long as you hire a broker to process and bond the paperwork . The cost for that service isn’t to bad, but must be factored in to the total cost.

·
Silver member
5,291 Posts
Good luck getting it back to the states. I drove up there a few years ago with a car that had temporary plates. I had to play 50 questions with the US border guard to get it back home. Is the border back open yet?
From what I've read, though I am not 100% sure, Canuks can't drive across the northern border, but they can take a flight across to the US. Makes a lot of sense, right? If that's the case then DC has its head up its ass. No wait, DC has its head up its ass regardless of the northern border.

Reactions: AB2057

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
From what I've read, though I am not 100% sure, Canuks can't drive across the northern border, but they can take a flight across to the US. Makes a lot of sense, right? If that's the case then DC has its head up its ass. No wait, DC has its head up its ass regardless of the northern border.
Yeah I know. I would like to plan a Alaska road trip before I'm to old to walk got alone ride. I'm not holding out much hope for the next few years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx dudes. Importing it back is the bigger concern. Not sure I want to hassle with it really, especially for a bike I really don’t need…LOL

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Thanx dudes. Importing it back is the bigger concern. Not sure I want to hassle with it really, especially for a bike I really don’t need…LOL
Ahh but when talking motorcycles need has nothing to do with it! Want is always the operative word for me. But I agree buying anything out of country is a PITA

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh but when talking motorcycles need has nothing to do with it! Want is always the operative word for me. But I agree buying anything out of country is a PITA
AB I understand that for sure! Six motorcycles in the garage proves that...LOL!

·
Rider
1,190 Posts
I have brought many vehicles back to Canada from the USA. Just hire a broker, costs $250 here in Canada. Taxes have to be paid (to the broker). They do all the paperwork. They need to have the paperwork at the border 72 hours prior to you passing over, giving them time to check the ownership, and make sure there are no leans against it, or stolen property.
Easy Peezy.

Don't know about Americans purchasing up here and returning. Probably the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts