Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bikes been in winter store for a while, it seems as my tender wasn't plugged in for about a week and it's been really cold. Now my bike won't start is it the batter?

This is all it does

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
It sounds like it initially rolled over fast and the lights didn’t dim. Did you try charging the battery fully? Batteries will lose 10% of charge per month when not in use and nothing drawing juice. When they run low and it’s very cold they can freeze. Normally, if you’re battery was bad, it wouldn’t roll over that fast.

·
Banned
382 Posts
Trick I found with the bike sitting for a week cold: Turn key, prime twice, put in neutral, start with clutch in.
Super annoying but solved all my no starts so far.

·
Registered
963 Posts
My bikes been in winter store for a while, it seems as my tender wasn't plugged in for about a week and it's been really cold. Now my bike won't start is it the batter?

This is all it does

From the video it looks like you’re not waiting for the fuel pump to finish. I can hear still it going after the start fails.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well bike has been sitting on battery Jr tender for two days, won't start again. What should my next course of action be? Buying a new battery or is the tender Jr too weak to bring this battery back to life. If so what brand should be looking for? It gets to - 20C where I live

·
Rider
684 Posts
It’s probably to weak, tenders are just maintainers. -20c isn’t that cold, you could try an actual charger on low. Once you kill a battery they don’t come back very often. my wife left her key on for probably a week once in the summer and that was it. For our long periods of winter, I would always pull my battery, I get minus -35f here and winter is Oct to well it snowed last week.

·
Bronze member
1,462 Posts
I leave mine on a smart charger. Even though the Scout battery is (3) yrs old residual voltage 4-6 hrs after charger is taken off is still 12.86 v. So it still is in pretty good shape. Longest MC battery life I’ve had was (5) yrs. always on a smart charger if not riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts