Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally decided to take cat and plug out of stage one indian exhaust. I hole sawed the cat, so it’s not all gone: home is same size as plug, so it’s open. I put the inner assembly back and the bike won’t start. Lights are on, the engine takes fuel, then it just clicks and goes back to the fuel sound. I hope my exhaust mod didn’t do this.
Any advice would be great,

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s only sat a couple weeks. Lights are good. Just not sure. Could it be the starter recall? It can’t be the cat removal??

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Am I correct it’s not the exhaust mod?
Scouts are famous for bad batteries, get a battery tender and plug it in when you put it to bed at night.
Pull the seat and double check all the electrical connections.
The cat removal didn't do anything to keep it from starting unless you left something in there that plugged up the system.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I said bad battery, but what I meant was an inadequate battery and famous for loosening up cables.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
If you listen to the bike in the beginning of the video you'll hear what a bike with a low battery charge sounds like. And it gives you options on how to start your bike anyway to alleviate your fears that your mods are the problems.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you listen to the bike in the beginning of the video you'll hear what a bike with a low battery charge sounds like. And it gives you options on how to start your bike anyway to alleviate your fears that your mods are the problems.

Great thanks. Mine clicks once, but I’ll try the battery first.

·
Silver member
5,030 Posts
Clicking is as suggested usually low battery on any bike from any era with an electric start...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ll order a battery tender and then find battery. Are they any good videos for this on a scout? Charging I mean.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
Here is a video on how to remove the battery. Installing the pigtail is easy. Just connect the red terminal to the positive side of the battery, and the black terminal to the negative side of the battery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts