Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many have had there bikes totaled vs repaired I hit a deer broke five ribs and my shoulder
Deer was dieing so the sheriff decided to shoot it
And missed wile the deer laid there
Anyway the bike never went down I was knocked off the bike on impact and was only traveling around 25 miles an hour at the time after hitting the deer which came out from behind a Bush the bike slowed and gradually when off the road and rested against a chain link fence at around five miles an hour

the shop insisted the bike had layer down
and was charging about 10,000 in parts including all new front end parts and upper and lower triple tree exhaust floorboard front fender Crome driving lites but missed the scratches on the nacelle
3 months go by not a word unless I called them
And I’m told parts are on order how long dose it take to get parts ?
How have your experiences been
the shop told me with a smile Harleys use to take six months so guys would just buy another bike as if that was a joke
Retuning the bike for 3 items missing logos on fender headlight nacelle and bent exhaust pipe were they did something strange

·
Rider
643 Posts
I’d talk to my insurance company. If the cost of repairs exceeds the worth of the bike, then it should be totaled.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All done now except the 3 items it’s going back for not giving the bike to them to Finnish until they have parts in hand

·
Bronze member
3,411 Posts
well... they cut Harley's time in half... I can't tell you when I hit a deer at 65mph I ended up in Mayo for a month and a half... it didn't even get to the dealer for a appraisal until I was home... Progressive got it and sent me a check... I couldn't ride anyway so I spent all winter buying parts off of E bay in the spring I packed them up... took them to the dealer and had them order stuff I couldn't find and they put her together in about 2 weeks... as far as totaling goes progressive said the frame would have to be bent somewhere or the engine broke (jugs, side cases) before they would total it.. or 65% of value.. this was back in 06..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts