Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Bike Order Master Tracking List

45943 1205
I figured it would be nice to see when people are ordering bikes and how long it's taking. We do this kind of thing in the hellcat forums too, which is why I wonder why it hasn't been done? List your order dates and update your post if you get the bike delivered or receive an update.

Ordered:
Challenger Dark Horse Icon late April.
Edit: lol, dude at indian emailed me saying he talked to the floor and got them to bump my build up asap, because it was supposed to be prioritized under these circumstances. I told him, but it's supposed to ship by 4 days from now, 7/31.... how is it still sitting there unfinished.
Edit: Just changed to built with firm ship date.
8/19/22
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
My Pursuit has been setting at the dealership for two weeks waiting for Indian to send the title. He can't sell it to me until that shows up. There is a Scout setting next to mine waiting also. Would think if Indian cared about the buyer, this would not happen. My dealer is in Peoria, IL. I'm running out of riding time this year.

That's a new one...at least to me....I haven't heard that being an issue. Now I guess I have one more thing to worry about.

· Registered
278 Posts
Ordered Scout Bobber in April, took 3 weeks to process. Shipped 26 July from MN to NB, still waiting. Dealership told me I would have it May.

How many of you would still have purchased if you knew you were going to wait this long?

So it shipped about a month ago, and you're still waiting? Is is at your dealer?

As to your question, I think I would have. I wasn't in a rush, and there really wasn't another ride that I wanted. There were other Indians that were tempting, but no other brand was pulling at me. As it is, they told me "late July, or early August". With any luck, I should have the bike in mid September. I'm definitely not giving them a pass, but in the context of all the other times folks are getting bikes, I might be one of the luckier ones....might...it ain't here yet!

· Registered
278 Posts
Order Confirmed : May 4th
After a lot of dicking around with the status page throwing me back and forth on different build dates, gentlemen, I have an update-

View attachment 703243
I just realized that I ordered it on May 4th, star wars day. I'm going to get black pipes. I am thinking I'm going to name her Vader.
Welcome to the 3rd Green Dot Club!

· Registered
278 Posts
I made it about 40 miles doing the brake in procedure lol
Yeah....that's going to be tough to follow. I will do my best.

The only deviation that I would make is that at some point before the 500 mile break in service, I will want to really take the engine through it's paces. I've done that with all my bikes. Sort of adhere to the manufacturer's recs, but towards the end of the break in mileage, I want some full throttle, redline trips through the gears. Then we can change the oil and oil filter for the first time.

I don't want the first hard trip through the gears to be after the first oil change and then any debris can sit in there for another 4500 miles.

· Registered
278 Posts
2022 Springfield Dark Horse - Black Smoke

05132022: Ordered at Dealership (Friday the 13th baby!!)
05182022: Received first email from Indian - "Your Order Has Been Confirmed"
06232022: Indian website updated Ship Date from "TBD" to "07/27/2022 - 8/31/2022"
07112022: Indian Coaster received via mail
08222022 **: Indian website updated. "Build Complete" (reached 3rd green dot!). Ship Date: 08/26/2022
08272022: Indian website update: “In Transit”. 4th green dot club baby!!
!

**This could have happend a day or two earlier. I skipped a day of checking, maybe even two...not sure.

· Registered
278 Posts
Ordered 2022 Challenger Dark Horse Icon Stealth Gray/Azure Crystal Jan 18, 2022
Originally quoted to be delivered 4/1 - 4/30/2022
Scheduled “To Be Built” last week of January 2022
Ship Date: 8/26
"Built" & "In Transit" updated 8/27
Seattle, WA

ARRIVED! 8/30/2022
(225 Days; 32 weeks + 1 day; 7.5 months)

View attachment 704032
Now it's up to the buyer to say so....but she looks worth the wait to me!!!

I'm not sure Indian builds a Chally DH in a bad color.

· Registered
278 Posts
UPDATE....

06232022: Indian website updated Ship Date from "TBD" to "07/27/2022 - 8/31/2022"
08222022 **: Indian website updated. "Build Complete" (reached 3rd green dot!). Ship Date: 08/26/2022
!
08312022: Bike is at my Dealer

After two previous emails with no response, I called the dealer yesterday. Today they called back and said the bike is in....that it could have been in since Monday😠. Back on 8/23 I sent an email just asking the turn around time when they get the bike...is it a couple of hours, a day? No response. Then on 8/28 I sent an email letting them know the site says "In Transit" and asked if they had a VIN, or anticipated ETA. No response. So yesterday I called, they said it was my salesmans day off....my message was...check your email. So I got a call today...and after zero comms for 3+ months...I'm getting the sales job on the extended warranty. Not a heavy sale....but still there. I think I'm going to pass. I hope to pick her up tomorrow.

**This could have happend a day or two earlier. I skipped a day of checking, maybe even two...not sure.

· Registered
278 Posts
UPDATE....

!
08312022: Bike is at my Dealer
09012022: Picked bike up, rode it home (with 3 free tshirts)

Took almost 4 months. At the time of purchase I was told "late July or early August". So late August (when it actually arrived) really isn't that bad all things considered.

My knee jerk reactions from seeing her, to sitting on her, to riding her home.....
  • She looks awesome. I made the right choice....for now. ;) (There was an orange Chaly DH on the floor...so that one tugs at me too). I got at least two compliments before I even left the dealership.
  • I was a little surprised how almost cramped I was. Not quite cramped, but for some reason my body (namely legs) expected to be stretched out more. Zero issues, but just an initial feeling. I'm 6'1".
  • The rear brake "peg" feels a little high. But my frame of referrence is my small dual sport bike where the brake peg is almost even with the bottom of my boot. With the SDH, I have to sort of move my foot a good chunk up and over to brake.
  • The jury is still out on the seat. I only put about 20 miles on, but I was already feeling it a bit. Now, some/most/all of this might be due to coming off a long weekend in the saddle of my other bike, where I spent 3 long, and at times painful, days riding.
  • She Stinks! :LOL: All the chemicals (paint, grease, fluids, etc.) heating up for the first time can somethimes smell...good...or even just different.....she smelled very chemically. I'm sure a few more heat and cool cycles will help that go away.
  • Kept her in Standard Mode the whole time. It's going to be hard enough to ride her mello during the break in period, so I don't need to be tempted with Sport mode just yet. Also, all is so new to me so I'm taking it easy.
  • And even though the bike was reading the outside temps as upper 80's/low 90's, the fan never kicked on! 🤪

You've waited long enough.......and yes...as a diehard dirt bike rider...I took her off pavement the very first day.....

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
278 Posts
Last update!
Bike arrived 8/30 to my dealership and after 4 days to set it up align schedules, I picked her up on Friday, 9/2. (Just in time for the 3-Day weekend!)
First thing I did was completely disassemble the bike and install all the accessories I bought as a coping mechanism for the 4 month delay.
After no less than three moments of needing to walk away before I broke something, I put her back together Saturday around noon and was out riding an hour later.
Put 600 miles on this weekend and have my break-in service scheduled for tomorrow, service department said they don't get many break in services less than a week after bike pick up.....so I got that going for me, which is nice.

For the couple of folks still waiting on their Challengers, hang in there. It rides better than I hoped and I test rode last year so my expectations were pretty high.

As someone else posted in another thread, the blue metal flake in the Stealth Grey paint is something else. It's so subtle that you have to be really close to see it, but when you do......I just sat there and stared for easily 10 mins in the showroom. It's pretty.

My final thought is that for all the accessories I added, the only one that I would tell everyone is a must have is the PSR levers. The exhaust, trunk, handlebars, etc are nice and work for me, but it's really personal preference at the end of the day. but those levers are a game changer. The ride home from the dealership, the clutch was STIFF and I could tell it was going to cause fatigue, but the PSR levers are as smooth as butter. Get them, you will NOT regret it.

Lastly, a few pics. Safe riding folks, get the last days of summer that you can!
View attachment 705115

View attachment 705116

View attachment 705117

View attachment 705118

Wow! 600 miles AND lots of mods in one weekend!?!?!?! You are an overachiever!

I picked up my scoot one day earlier on 9/1, and so far only have about 50 miles on her, and my only "mod" so far is removing the tank sticker. In my defense, I was gone a for two days this weekend.

My goal is to quickly get to 500 to get the break in period over, and first maintenance done before it gets too cold.

· Registered
278 Posts
I placed my order back on May 13, and picked up my bike on Sep 1. On May 13, my dealer gave me an "Out The Door" broken out pricing in writing (email actually). The line items were...

MSRP
Freight $450
Prep $399
Licensing & Doc Fees
Taxes

It was all there in black and white, and they honored the exact amount when I picked it up. Zero surprises.

In fact, my only surprise on the day of pick up was when he told me to go pick out 3 free t-shirts while I was waiting for the computer to process all the state stuff.

· Registered
278 Posts
**** me! Dealer has "Freight and Dealer Prep" as a 1,699 line item. It looks as though it is built into the loan/financing options though, so I hope to not be asked at the dealer "Where's the payment?" and open my wallet with moths in it.
That's a big number. Mine were about half that (scroll up to see mine). My dealership is a small town dealer, and haven't been super great at communication, but they have been very up front and transparent about all the dealings so far. I also just confirmed that they will install parts that I buy. I know by me, many dealership won't install stuff you bring them....you have to buy the parts through them if you want them to install them.

· Registered
278 Posts
Ordered back in February, picked up today. Over joyed with the bike. Rides and feels amazing. Once I can figure out why RC won’t locate my cardo headset I’ll be good to go.

I picked mine up from d2 power sports in GreerSC. I bought it from Craig. Awesome guy, I am happy with dealing with him. They did not change any of the set up fees like other stated.

However, the financial guy left a lot to be desired. Indian website estimated my 2018 Springfield trade in value between 12,400-16,300.They offered me 12,000. For some reason I was expecting 14,000 middle ground. Bike has some Indian brand upgrades. He tells me that is his top dollar offer won’t go any higher. He offers to finance through an Indian supported financial institution. I said no I had already been approved through USAA and his prices did not beat USAA. HE THEN COMES BACK and says if i finance with them he will add 500 to the trade in value.

Anyways I agreed. They had me by the short hairs. I obviously wanted the bike and had already waited this long. Still really happy with the bike just kinda eh with the dealer. Thought they would have done better by me. This is the third bike I bought from them. View attachment 706904
Beautiful color!!!

101 - 115 of 115 Posts