Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Bike Order Master Tracking List

48302 Views 1205 Replies 77 Participants Last post by  mikeytwofingers
I figured it would be nice to see when people are ordering bikes and how long it's taking. We do this kind of thing in the hellcat forums too, which is why I wonder why it hasn't been done? List your order dates and update your post if you get the bike delivered or receive an update.

Ordered:
Challenger Dark Horse Icon late April.
Edit: lol, dude at indian emailed me saying he talked to the floor and got them to bump my build up asap, because it was supposed to be prioritized under these circumstances. I told him, but it's supposed to ship by 4 days from now, 7/31.... how is it still sitting there unfinished.
Edit: Just changed to built with firm ship date.
8/19/22
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
What worries me is that most of you guys are waiting on Scouts...some are trickling out...some got pushed from a July range to now an August range. Well....I have a Springfield DH on order with an August range...and since Indian seems to be doing batches by model....I'm wondering if all these Scouts have to ship out first before I will see me SDH.

· Registered
302 Posts
if it means anything my buddy has the same bike and he's had a late aug ship date since june and it hasnt changed but seeing current trends it doesn't seem like anything matters since indian/polaris is throwing shit at the wall till something sticks lol
Are you saying that your buddy has the same bike as me (SDH) ordered?

And I agree...I think the ship range that Indian put out there for me is fairly meaningless. Mine goes all the way to the 31st, so unless I get really lucky, there's an overwhelming chance that on 8/31 or 9/1 or 9/2 it will go back to TBD for a bit...before I get a new range.

· Registered
302 Posts
I hope you’re right about the big bikes as I put a deposit down on a Chieftain Dark Horse back in late June and the dealer originally told me that, Polaris showed, I should see it by the end of August. I went back to the dealer this last weekend just to follow up (and window shop:) and they told me that the end of August is now mid October due to supply chain issues. My guess is I won’t see it this year. Glad I didn’t get rid of my Stryker. Saw a beautiful Springfield and Cheiftain Elite while I was there. Making it difficult to be patient…
Since the SDH is sort of the same bike (minus the fairing), you make me worried. But Indian give me a ship date by the end of August, and my dealer says that's all he sees as well. But I don't think my dealer is really looking at anything special, talking to anyone or doing any deep dives. When I bought/ordered the bike I was told "end of July, or early August". Then the first ship range I got was/is 7/27 to 8/31. So already.....I'm thinking end of August sure ain't "early" August...but I've sort of resigned myself to late August...maybe early Sep. But Mid October.....that would really suck.

· Registered
302 Posts
i guess thats difference between them kicking me in the face and them telling me their going to kick me in the face before they kick me in the face lolol
Yes....gives you a chance to close your eyes tight, and clinch your teeth.

It still sucks....but I would argue it sucks a little less. I was making this same arguement several posts ago. That they should be on top of their comms. And if they know they can't make a deadline, then update asap. At least it shows that they are doing the bare minimum of communicating.

I wonder if my order will now be here in Oct or Nov. What a shit show.

· Registered
302 Posts
yea i mean your not wrong and at least the updated it lol ill probably end up pulling my pre order over the weekend
This crap is sort of hitting me in another area too. I've been trying to buy a Tundra through my local dealer...the same dealer that I bought my current Tundra from and process has sucked. Toyota doesn't really have a true ordering system. It's crazy that a customer has to work so hard to spend so much money buying a product.

Bottom line is that the whole process might be driving me to purchase a truck from another manufacturer...one that will allow me to place an order for what I want. I'm even semi okay with the long wait....I just want to place an order and get what I want.

· Registered
302 Posts
I canceled my deal with the dealership for the Challenger DH. I got my deposit back as well as my unused portion of my extended warranty on my 2019 Chieftain DH. I ended up trading in my Chieftain for a 2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited. The Can Am dealership gave me $19k for my Chieftain. I have my complaints about Indian and my 2019 Chieftain, but am now happy since I moved on. The Spyder isn’t perfect either, but I’m very happy with the comfort, stability, reverse, and storage. Looking forward to putting on some miles on my upcoming trip to Canada. I wish all you the best with your waiting for your dream bikes. I’m not sure I will go back to a big bagger ever again, but will always be watching what Indian does.

Two things...what color was your Chally DH going to be, and what was your ship range?

· Registered
302 Posts
2022 Springfield Dark Horse - Black Smoke

05132022: Ordered at Dealership (Friday the 13th baby!!)
05182022: Received first email from Indian - "Your Order Has Been Confirmed"
06232022: Indian website updated Ship Date from "TBD" to "07/27/2022 - 8/31/2022"
07112022: Indian Coaster received via mail
08222022**: Indian website updated. "Build Complete" (reached 3rd green dot!). Ship Date: 08/26/2022

**This could have happend a day or two earlier. I skipped a day of checking, maybe even two...not sure.

Couldn't believe it when I just went to the site. Still a little bummed that I will most likely not have it for Labor Day weekend, but good news is still good news.

Tire Wheel Water Automotive tire Rectangle

81 - 100 of 115 Posts