Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Bike Order Master Tracking List

48296 Views 1205 Replies 77 Participants Last post by  mikeytwofingers
I figured it would be nice to see when people are ordering bikes and how long it's taking. We do this kind of thing in the hellcat forums too, which is why I wonder why it hasn't been done? List your order dates and update your post if you get the bike delivered or receive an update.

Ordered:
Challenger Dark Horse Icon late April.
Edit: lol, dude at indian emailed me saying he talked to the floor and got them to bump my build up asap, because it was supposed to be prioritized under these circumstances. I told him, but it's supposed to ship by 4 days from now, 7/31.... how is it still sitting there unfinished.
Edit: Just changed to built with firm ship date.
8/19/22
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
1101 - 1120 of 1206 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Oh boy! Let’s see if they pull this on me.
After an intense negotiation session with three Indian dealers and settling on the one with the definitive bottom line and now the long wait, if they pull extra any up charge crap on me I will walk away from this brand forever.

· Bronze member
6,275 Posts
Could be... however when I called Indian they verified the fee; said it was somewhere on their website, which I haven't found yet.

Yes, now they have a fee. But that should not be charged to you since you made the agreement prior to the fee. Did any of you guys get a copy of the sales deal they made. So again, dealer playing games.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2022 Indian Pursuit Dark Horse Premium
54 Posts
It has been there, but hidden unless you know where to look and hover over the "i" next to the MSRP...

· Registered
302 Posts
I placed my order back on May 13, and picked up my bike on Sep 1. On May 13, my dealer gave me an "Out The Door" broken out pricing in writing (email actually). The line items were...

MSRP
Freight $450
Prep $399
Licensing & Doc Fees
Taxes

It was all there in black and white, and they honored the exact amount when I picked it up. Zero surprises.

In fact, my only surprise on the day of pick up was when he told me to go pick out 3 free t-shirts while I was waiting for the computer to process all the state stuff.

· Registered
72 Posts
I placed my order back on May 13, and picked up my bike on Sep 1. On May 13, my dealer gave me an "Out The Door" broken out pricing in writing (email actually). The line items were...

MSRP
Freight $450
Prep $399
Licensing & Doc Fees
Taxes

It was all there in black and white, and they honored the exact amount when I picked it up. Zero surprises.

In fact, my only surprise on the day of pick up was when he told me to go pick out 3 free t-shirts while I was waiting for the computer to process all the state stuff.
What a kick ass experience, man! I wish all dealerships were like that. So, on a different note, it seems like I'm the only one with an order from May still waiting for my bike. Womp womp.

· Registered
427 Posts
What a kick ass experience, man! I wish all dealerships were like that. So, on a different note, it seems like I'm the only one with an order from May still waiting for my bike. Womp womp.
Curious... where are you located, and I apologize I don't remember what bike it was; my memory is horrible but was it a DarkHorse?

Reason I say this is because I'm still wondering if "My Bike" isn't the one I purchased, and the two bikes that recently came in at the Bonneville dealer, were dealship ordered bikes. In this case, they're moving people around on bikes, and Indian is playing "musical chairs" with the inventory. This is a good thing, but as I noticed, there are some hang-ups like the "logistics fee" I had to pay.

· Registered
72 Posts
ISB ABS black smoke.
Ordered May 9th.
I’m in Texas.

My tracker went to shit a few weeks ago after they changed the “shipping range” to end of August, then it went back to “scheduled” and as of this morning, the order is completely gone from the tracker.

I’ve spoken to Indian multiple times, and they said it has a shipping date of 9/9, but the last time they said they are waiting for parts and it might be 9/16 now. Long story short, no one f**** knows.

· Registered
32 Posts
You're not alone- mine is at the dealer being prepped and I decided to check the forums.
Trying to remember how much I will have to put on the table for taxes and such when I go pick it up, and read the other users post in the thread about like 800$ worth of charges.... yikes! I have like 750 in the bank so might have to see how I can play this.

· Registered
32 Posts
That being said I remember putting 1,000 down when I signed back in May. I don't have a copy. Hoping that some of those fees were in that document.

· Registered
32 Posts
**** me! Dealer has "Freight and Dealer Prep" as a 1,699 line item. It looks as though it is built into the loan/financing options though, so I hope to not be asked at the dealer "Where's the payment?" and open my wallet with moths in it.

· Registered
302 Posts
**** me! Dealer has "Freight and Dealer Prep" as a 1,699 line item. It looks as though it is built into the loan/financing options though, so I hope to not be asked at the dealer "Where's the payment?" and open my wallet with moths in it.
That's a big number. Mine were about half that (scroll up to see mine). My dealership is a small town dealer, and haven't been super great at communication, but they have been very up front and transparent about all the dealings so far. I also just confirmed that they will install parts that I buy. I know by me, many dealership won't install stuff you bring them....you have to buy the parts through them if you want them to install them.

· Registered
32 Posts
That's a big number. Mine were about half that (scroll up to see mine). My dealership is a small town dealer, and haven't been super great at communication, but they have been very up front and transparent about all the dealings so far. I also just confirmed that they will install parts that I buy. I know by me, many dealership won't install stuff you bring them....you have to buy the parts through them if you want them to install them.
Luckily it was already integrated into the loan costs, but still!
They told me that since it had been since May I had to re-approve my loan.... which I did. Did I mention I'm in the middle of a home loan and expected to have the motorcycle months ago? Luckily my agent said everything's fine. Still- I don't like how much dealer and freight fee are.

· Registered
49 Posts
Quick question. I just put in my order for a 22 Pursuit Limited. Waiting for a date range from Indian..

What should I expect? I saw some were around 5-6 weeks back in June and July. Still about the same?

Thanks

1101 - 1120 of 1206 Posts