Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Bike Order Master Tracking List

48302 Views 1205 Replies 77 Participants Last post by  mikeytwofingers
I figured it would be nice to see when people are ordering bikes and how long it's taking. We do this kind of thing in the hellcat forums too, which is why I wonder why it hasn't been done? List your order dates and update your post if you get the bike delivered or receive an update.

Ordered:
Challenger Dark Horse Icon late April.
Edit: lol, dude at indian emailed me saying he talked to the floor and got them to bump my build up asap, because it was supposed to be prioritized under these circumstances. I told him, but it's supposed to ship by 4 days from now, 7/31.... how is it still sitting there unfinished.
Edit: Just changed to built with firm ship date.
8/19/22
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
1081 - 1100 of 1206 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I am at 27 weeks….

I finally have movement. My ship window was between August 8th to the 31st. Emailed Indian directly on 8/31 with lack of communication. Bike is built with a ship date of 9/16. We will see…

Chief Dark Horse Alumina Jade Smoke
Date Ordered : February 24th, 2022
Weeks: 27 weeks and still waiting (I was told 8-12 weeks)
Ship Date: 9/16

· Registered
3 Posts
2022 Indian Scout Rogue
Date Ordered
: April 19th, 2022
Estimated Arrival: 6 weeks from order, May 31st, 2022
Ship Date: 8/16/2022
Updated Estimated Arrival: 2 weeks from shipping, August 30th, 2022
Wait Time: 20 weeks

Communication with Polaris has been poor.

Honestly not sure it is even worth taking possession of the bike at this time. End of the year coming up and gonna have to store the bike shortly after it arrives. Wild how poor Polaris is with communication and setting expectations. They definitely overpromise and underdeliver.

Cheers

· Registered
2022 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse Black Smoke
26 Posts
My Chieftain if ready to pick up, but I'm in Vegas until tomorrow. I'm so ready to pick it up in NC! I know many of you have waited longer, but for me, 14 weeks was long enough!

· Registered
20 Posts
Ordered 2022 Challenger Dark Horse Icon Stealth Gray/Azure Crystal Jan 18, 2022
Originally quoted to be delivered 4/1 - 4/30/2022
Scheduled “To Be Built” last week of January 2022
Ship Date: 8/26
"Built" & "In Transit" updated 8/27
Seattle, WA

ARRIVED! 8/30/2022
(225 Days; 32 weeks + 1 day; 7.5 months)

View attachment 704032
Last update!
Bike arrived 8/30 to my dealership and after 4 days to set it up align schedules, I picked her up on Friday, 9/2. (Just in time for the 3-Day weekend!)
First thing I did was completely disassemble the bike and install all the accessories I bought as a coping mechanism for the 4 month delay.
After no less than three moments of needing to walk away before I broke something, I put her back together Saturday around noon and was out riding an hour later.
Put 600 miles on this weekend and have my break-in service scheduled for tomorrow, service department said they don't get many break in services less than a week after bike pick up.....so I got that going for me, which is nice.

For the couple of folks still waiting on their Challengers, hang in there. It rides better than I hoped and I test rode last year so my expectations were pretty high.

As someone else posted in another thread, the blue metal flake in the Stealth Grey paint is something else. It's so subtle that you have to be really close to see it, but when you do......I just sat there and stared for easily 10 mins in the showroom. It's pretty.

My final thought is that for all the accessories I added, the only one that I would tell everyone is a must have is the PSR levers. The exhaust, trunk, handlebars, etc are nice and work for me, but it's really personal preference at the end of the day. but those levers are a game changer. The ride home from the dealership, the clutch was STIFF and I could tell it was going to cause fatigue, but the PSR levers are as smooth as butter. Get them, you will NOT regret it.

Lastly, a few pics. Safe riding folks, get the last days of summer that you can!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Plant

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Water Automotive tire

· Registered
302 Posts
Last update!
Bike arrived 8/30 to my dealership and after 4 days to set it up align schedules, I picked her up on Friday, 9/2. (Just in time for the 3-Day weekend!)
First thing I did was completely disassemble the bike and install all the accessories I bought as a coping mechanism for the 4 month delay.
After no less than three moments of needing to walk away before I broke something, I put her back together Saturday around noon and was out riding an hour later.
Put 600 miles on this weekend and have my break-in service scheduled for tomorrow, service department said they don't get many break in services less than a week after bike pick up.....so I got that going for me, which is nice.

For the couple of folks still waiting on their Challengers, hang in there. It rides better than I hoped and I test rode last year so my expectations were pretty high.

As someone else posted in another thread, the blue metal flake in the Stealth Grey paint is something else. It's so subtle that you have to be really close to see it, but when you do......I just sat there and stared for easily 10 mins in the showroom. It's pretty.

My final thought is that for all the accessories I added, the only one that I would tell everyone is a must have is the PSR levers. The exhaust, trunk, handlebars, etc are nice and work for me, but it's really personal preference at the end of the day. but those levers are a game changer. The ride home from the dealership, the clutch was STIFF and I could tell it was going to cause fatigue, but the PSR levers are as smooth as butter. Get them, you will NOT regret it.

Lastly, a few pics. Safe riding folks, get the last days of summer that you can!
View attachment 705115

View attachment 705116

View attachment 705117

View attachment 705118

Wow! 600 miles AND lots of mods in one weekend!?!?!?! You are an overachiever!

I picked up my scoot one day earlier on 9/1, and so far only have about 50 miles on her, and my only "mod" so far is removing the tank sticker. In my defense, I was gone a for two days this weekend.

My goal is to quickly get to 500 to get the break in period over, and first maintenance done before it gets too cold.

· Registered
20 Posts
I've had mine like 2 weeks so far and put 431 miles on it...my buddy gets his bike this week so prob will do some extra riding this weekend since it's his first bike ever...gotta get them wobbly bike legs in check lol
Nice.
Only way to get better at riding is to ride far and ride often. congrats on the new bike for you and your buddy

· Registered
20 Posts
congratulations! mine should be in this week.
what exhaust and what version of levers did you go with.
I went with the Indian mitered bars too
congrats, my dude. new bike day is the best day.

I went with the PSR Anthem levers and Rinehart slip-ons for the exhaust.
After some exhaust-ive research, I felt confident that the Rinehart's would be the right mix of sound I wanted without being too obnoxious.
After the miles this weekend, can confirm that they met my expectations. The sound is indeed deeper and louder and has less tin sound than stock, while they're still quiet enough that my buddy only really heard me pull up when I came around his corner to his house.

Enjoy, post some pics once you have it in hand!

· Registered
427 Posts
Just a couple quick warnings, I planned on typing a full article about some of this stuff but I figured it would fall on some deaf ears.

Warning to buyers!

In short my Scout Bobber still shows that it's being built. My dealership had an extra one (black smoke) on their showroom floor, and my bike arrived on the same truck as that. Not only has Indian still got it wrong on the website, but the dealership (2 different salesmen) got it all wrong the day they called me; it was a complete cluster-f.

Furthermore, parts that I'd bought back in June and set aside for me, had either not been physically at the dealership like I'd been told... or more likely they'd sold the parts out from under me to make another client to make them happy.

Lastly, I had a hard copy buyers order from the previous manager of the dealership (he's the one who wrote up my deal) detailing each line item in the sale, including all freight fees, taxes, setup fees etc. You name it, it was on the "official buyers order". I forwarded the buyers order along with all of my insurance information, and financial info... they ran my credit then came back and told me the bike was going to be an additional $500 over what was on the buyers order; it's a logistics fee that "Indian" supposedly is now charging. There was a huge blowup between myself, the dealership, and Indian. Yup it's only $500 but it's the principle of the issue. The details were much worse but I won't get into that now, drafting a letter to Indian corporate, to open discussions to get 1) My money back (the dealer split the difference with me), 2) Some free sh*t, 3) A chunk out of some suit's arse.

The dealership, having made several mistakes has tried to be flexible and will be installing my white wall Avon Cobra Chromes for free as well as the matte black exhaust shields. That's a good start, but still doesn't make up for the stress/confusion on the day they told me my/a bike was in; not to mention the parts sold out from under me.

Anyways... I did take the bike out this past Labor Day weekend and already put 200 miles on it. It's a gorgeous bike, but before I pass judgement on the performance and give it loads of praise I want to make certain it's reliable and not chugging oil like its going out of style. In the meantime, I've enjoyed the hell out of it. I tried riding out to the Salt Flats diner but didn't make it, my arse was sore and I really didn't have enough range for the ride; gas can arrived the following day LMAO.

Pic 1: Near Toole, Utah

Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Land vehicle

Pic 2: Almost to the Salt Flats Diner; arse was killin' me

Sky Tire Cloud Land vehicle Fuel tank

Pic 3; Garage Grill / Diner in Herriman Utah

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
450 Posts
Just a couple quick warnings, I planned on typing a full article about some of this stuff but I figured it would fall on some deaf ears.

Warning to buyers!

In short my Scout Bobber still shows that it's being built. My dealership had an extra one (black smoke) on their showroom floor, and my bike arrived on the same truck as that. Not only has Indian still got it wrong on the website, but the dealership (2 different salesmen) got it all wrong the day they called me; it was a complete cluster-f.

Furthermore, parts that I'd bought back in June and set aside for me, had either not been physically at the dealership like I'd been told... or more likely they'd sold the parts out from under me to make another client to make them happy.

Lastly, I had a hard copy buyers order from the previous manager of the dealership (he's the one who wrote up my deal) detailing each line item in the sale, including all freight fees, taxes, setup fees etc. You name it, it was on the "official buyers order". I forwarded the buyers order along with all of my insurance information, and financial info... they ran my credit then came back and told me the bike was going to be an additional $500 over what was on the buyers order; it's a logistics fee that "Indian" supposedly is now charging. There was a huge blowup between myself, the dealership, and Indian. Yup it's only $500 but it's the principle of the issue. The details were much worse but I won't get into that now, drafting a letter to Indian corporate, to open discussions to get 1) My money back (the dealer split the difference with me), 2) Some free sh*t, 3) A chunk out of some suit's arse.

The dealership, having made several mistakes has tried to be flexible and will be installing my white wall Avon Cobra Chromes for free as well as the matte black exhaust shields. That's a good start, but still doesn't make up for the stress/confusion on the day they told me my/a bike was in; not to mention the parts sold out from under me.

Anyways... I did take the bike out this past Labor Day weekend and already put 200 miles on it. It's a gorgeous bike, but before I pass judgement on the performance and give it loads of praise I want to make certain it's reliable and not chugging oil like its going out of style. In the meantime, I've enjoyed the hell out of it. I tried riding out to the Salt Flats diner but didn't make it, my arse was sore and I really didn't have enough range for the ride; gas can arrived the following day LMAO.

Pic 1: Near Toole, Utah

View attachment 705313

Pic 2: Almost to the Salt Flats Diner; arse was killin' me

View attachment 705314

Pic 3; Garage Grill / Diner in Herriman Utah

View attachment 705315
I had logistics fee in Chicagoland dealership

1081 - 1100 of 1206 Posts