Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
821 - 840 of 1168 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
What worries me is that most of you guys are waiting on Scouts...some are trickling out...some got pushed from a July range to now an August range. Well....I have a Springfield DH on order with an August range...and since Indian seems to be doing batches by model....I'm wondering if all these Scouts have to ship out first before I will see me SDH.

·
Registered
325 Posts
if it means anything my buddy has the same bike and he's had a late aug ship date since june and it hasnt changed but seeing current trends it doesn't seem like anything matters since indian/polaris is throwing shit at the wall till something sticks lol

·
Bronze member
5,734 Posts
that's comedy lolol a big ass company that claims to have no real logistics on anything lolol why even created a fake shipping date if they don't have a clue but with that said its good business on their end cause it keeps the fish dangling with false hope

Yep, that's how they keep you from canceling. It's the old restaurant waiting game. "Sir, the wait is about 20 min" After 30 min goes by, they say, "were sorry, it will be about another 10 minutes" Well you not going to go somewhere else because it may be an hour or more wait. Then 15 minutes goes by and they, say sir, just 5 more minutes. And by the time your seated, you waited an hour. If they told you the wait was an hour up front. You probably would leave.

·
Registered
223 Posts
if it means anything my buddy has the same bike and he's had a late aug ship date since june and it hasnt changed but seeing current trends it doesn't seem like anything matters since indian/polaris is throwing shit at the wall till something sticks lol
Are you saying that your buddy has the same bike as me (SDH) ordered?

And I agree...I think the ship range that Indian put out there for me is fairly meaningless. Mine goes all the way to the 31st, so unless I get really lucky, there's an overwhelming chance that on 8/31 or 9/1 or 9/2 it will go back to TBD for a bit...before I get a new range.

·
Bronze member
5,734 Posts
Scouts are the low profit bike for Indian, they net about a 100.00 per bike. They are sold for the only reason to increase market share and get people into the brand. The big bikes make the money, and wouldn't surprise me to see more of those get shipped sooner to make better quarterly results

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yep, that's how they keep you from canceling. It's the old restaurant waiting game. "Sir, the wait is about 20 min" After 30 min goes by, they say, "were sorry, it will be about another 10 minutes" Well you not going to go somewhere else because it may be an hour or more wait. Then 15 minutes goes by and they, say sir, just 5 more minutes. And by the time your seated, you waited an hour. If they told you the wait was an hour up front. You probably would leave.
exactly

·
Registered
325 Posts
Scouts are the low profit bike for Indian, they net about a 100.00 per bike. They are sold for the only reason to increase market share and get people into the brand. The big bikes make the money, and wouldn't surprise me to see more of those get shipped sooner to make better quarterly results
cant get people into the brand if you cant get the bikes out...i was saying before you can 500 preorders but if your scraping by to get anything out then its irrelevant unless they are banking on future gains

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well let’s hope so. September will mark one year of me trying to buy an Indian Challenger/Pursuit.

I first ordered a 21 Challenger White Smoke Dark Horse with tour pack and lowers among other accessories. In December I was informed by Polaris that they would not be able to build my bike. My dealer secretly told me to hang on there is a new model (Pursuit) that had all the bells and whistles that I wanted. I did and at the end of April I ordered my Pursuit Icon Darkhorse Premium. As of today the portal shows it being “scheduled“ with a delivery window of mid July to August 31.

I’m starting to to lose patience with Polaris. If no bike is delivered by the end of August I will take my money to another brand or just stick with my RT, and save my money. Rant over….

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hope you’re right about the big bikes as I put a deposit down on a Chieftain Dark Horse back in late June and the dealer originally told me that, Polaris showed, I should see it by the end of August. I went back to the dealer this last weekend just to follow up (and window shop:) and they told me that the end of August is now mid October due to supply chain issues. My guess is I won’t see it this year. Glad I didn’t get rid of my Stryker. Saw a beautiful Springfield and Cheiftain Elite while I was there. Making it difficult to be patient…

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hope you’re right about the big bikes as I put a deposit down on a Chieftain Dark Horse back in late June and the dealer originally told me that, Polaris showed, I should see it by the end of August. I went back to the dealer this last weekend just to follow up (and window shop:) and they told me that the end of August is now mid October due to supply chain issues. My guess is I won’t see it this year. Glad I didn’t get rid of my Stryker. Saw a beautiful Springfield and Cheiftain Elite while I was there. Making it difficult to be patient…
Since the SDH is sort of the same bike (minus the fairing), you make me worried. But Indian give me a ship date by the end of August, and my dealer says that's all he sees as well. But I don't think my dealer is really looking at anything special, talking to anyone or doing any deep dives. When I bought/ordered the bike I was told "end of July, or early August". Then the first ship range I got was/is 7/27 to 8/31. So already.....I'm thinking end of August sure ain't "early" August...but I've sort of resigned myself to late August...maybe early Sep. But Mid October.....that would really suck.

·
Bronze member
5,734 Posts
Since the SDH is sort of the same bike (minus the fairing), you make me worried. But Indian give me a ship date by the end of August, and my dealer says that's all he sees as well. But I don't think my dealer is really looking at anything special, talking to anyone or doing any deep dives. When I bought/ordered the bike I was told "end of July, or early August". Then the first ship range I got was/is 7/27 to 8/31. So already.....I'm thinking end of August sure ain't "early" August...but I've sort of resigned myself to late August...maybe early Sep. But Mid October.....that would really suck.

Your dealer sees pretty much the same thing you do. When I ordered my Challenger Limited (blue/chrome) At the very end of June, the estimate was 4-8 weeks. My dealer told me (good friends with him) that the non-dark horse or chrome bikes were running right around 4-8 weeks and the Darkhorse, blacked out anything was 6 months and beyond. Apparently, there is a worldwide black paint shortage that is affecting anything black.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry about that! Wasn’t trying to worry anyone. The portal only shows that my bike is scheduled for build and a ship date TBD so it doesn’t really show any new information since the first time I went to the dealer and gave them my deposit. Having said that, they went into some sort of screen that showed build schedules by style of bike and the Chieftain Dark Horse showed 10/1-10/15 and they said that these delivery dates have been fairly accurate. That said, I’m sure that was the screen he was looking at when I placed my order back in June and was told end of August, lol!

821 - 840 of 1168 Posts