Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
281 - 300 of 901 Posts

·
Bronze member
5,494 Posts
Ya I understand that. I ordered December 3/2021. Was told by the dealership when I ordered that it would be April or May before it came. Got a ship date from the dealership of April 16 - May 31. Then got a ship Date of June 6 - June 30. Now I have a ship date of July 8. Which will be just over 7 months.

Yep, the real ship date will be unknown until the bike is actually built

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Bobber
105 Posts
Ya I understand that. I ordered December 3/2021. Was told by the dealership when I ordered that it would be April or May before it came. Got a ship date from the dealership of April 16 - May 31. Then got a ship Date of June 6 - June 30. Now I have a ship date of July 8. Which will be just over 7 months.
Oh forgot to add that my online tracker has said order confirmed the whole time and still says that today.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Because according to this. Polaris is simply going to post the ship date that your dealer originally told you. Doesn't really mean anything

That's not what my dealer originally told me as far as my ship date but YMMV. search for mindspear and see what he said.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a feeling that your ship date will in fact be July 8th... there are at least three or four others (including myself) that have received a ship date of July 10 - July 20 or right around in there. I think they have a large batch of Scouts that they're trying to get out the proverbial door at that time. So it wouldn't surprise me to see all of us on here in another 2.5 weeks talking about our bikes being shipped. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
20 Posts
My update .....
like lots of you guys I received some update lately in my tracker.
Instead of TBD I have now a first shipping date. lets see ......

Chief dark horse black smoked
date ordered : March 4, 2022
#of week : 16 weeks
ship date : from august 8 to 31, 2022

·
Registered
96 Posts
View attachment 694364

Latest update: ordered 11/26. Shipped 6/20. Arrived at dealer 6/24. Hopefully riding it home 6/29!
Congratulations, your wait is over.
beautiful bike!
I have been waiting since Dec. Think I wouldn’t have been so frustrated by the wait if I was properly informed.
Some say the delay is/was unforeseen, but I’m not buying that.
I was told in July of 2021 that 2022 would be “Order only” no bike would be shipped that aren’t pre sold

·
Bronze member
5,494 Posts
Congratulations, your wait is over.
beautiful bike!
I have been waiting since Dec. Think I wouldn’t have been so frustrated by the wait if I was properly informed.
Some say the delay is/was unforeseen, but I’m not buying that.
I was told in July of 2021 that 2022 would be “Order only” no bike would be shipped that aren’t pre sold

Some of the delays were unforeseen. How is this so, In December China was starting manufacturing back up and there were indications of the supply chain improving. Well in this first quarter of this year, China shut down and closed factories again due to covid, this backed everything up again and created even more insanity in the supply Chain.

What does China have to do with it? Well, the majority of all the parts used to assemble an Indian motorcycle come from China. And that's why Indian motorcycles can't say Made in America. The say Assembled in America.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Some of the delays were unforeseen. How is this so, In December China was starting manufacturing back up and there were indications of the supply chain improving. Well in this first quarter of this year, China shut down and closed factories again due to covid, this backed everything up again and created even more insanity in the supply Chain.

What does China have to do with it? Well, the majority of all the parts used to assemble an Indian motorcycle come from China. And that's why Indian motorcycles can't say Made in America. The say Assembled in America.
If Indian was fully aware by July of 2021 that all of 2022 was going to be ”pre-sold Only” then it was foreseen.
June of 2020, I’m sure they are aware that majority of bikes ordered will be significantly belayed past the 12 weeks they are still posting on the site.
I may very well be completely wrong on all counts but just my opinion!

·
Bronze member
5,494 Posts
Sorry typo
should read “June of 2022”

The times they quoted you were based on what they knew. They were not guarantees. When they say 12+ weeks that means 12 weeks up to infinity. !2 weeks would be the absolute soonest.

Yes, some dealerships get a few in stock bikes. There are a few bikes still being allocated to dealerships, so dealerships don't look like empty ghost towns, but those bikes sell instantly.

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Bobber
105 Posts
The times they quoted you were based on what they knew. They were not guarantees. When they say 12+ weeks that means 12 weeks up to infinity. !2 weeks would be the absolute soonest.

Yes, some dealerships get a few in stock bikes. There are a few bikes still being allocated to dealerships, so dealerships don't look like empty ghost towns, but those bikes sell instantly.
When I ordered in December I was told April/May. That went from 5-6 months to 8 months. At least my dealership was more realistic with delivery time. Just have to see the promised delivery time turns into reality.

·
Bronze member
5,494 Posts
When I ordered in December I was told April/May. That went from 5-6 months to 8 months. At least my dealership was more realistic with delivery time. Just have to see the promised delivery time turns into reality.

Yep that's because of the China lockdowns in the first and second quarter this year. And delivery times are estimated not promised.

281 - 300 of 901 Posts