Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ordered 2022 Challenger Dark Horse Icon Stealth Gray/Azure Crystal Jan 18, 2022
Originally quoted to be delivered 4/1 - 4/30/2022
Scheduled last week of January 2022
Ship Date: TBD
Seattle, WA

Thought I'd also send my communication with Owners Connect at Indian that I had today since I know a few folks in this thread have been waiting on CDH Icon's.
After connecting with the Production Team, my bike is anticipated to ship to the dealer "beginning of August".
Their reasoning is the Dark Horse exhaust paint delay, as well as other various shortages and increased demand, which others have shared before.

All of that said, I get that this very much is a first world problem, it's a want not a need, and I'm fine waiting a few extra months for what will likely be a bike I'll own for 10+ years.
However, I do think it's frustrating that I get more intel on new lead time from this forum and reddit than I do from Indian, and that there's prioritization being placed on new models. Like, how is the Challenger Elite going to be launched and shipped before my order that's been in the system for six months and it's virtually the same bike (at least in the parts that are seemingly causing the delay).

Anyways, just wanted to share new intel to the community. Safe riding all!

·
Registered
8 Posts
So here's my data:
Pursuit Dark Horse Premium Ruby Metallic ordered April 9, was told 12 weeks to ship. Yesterday, I emailed customer service was told early to mid September to ship. That's about 22 to 23 weeks, if it even comes then.
Not sure if this helps you or not, but the Indian Dealer in Lynnwood, WA I’m pretty sure has that exact model in stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2022 Challenger Dark Horse Icon Stealth Gray/Azure Crystal
Ordered: 1/18/2022
Originally quoted to be delivered 4/1 - 4/30/2022
Scheduled last week of January 2022
Ship Date: Portal shows: 8/2 - 8/31
Seattle, WA

Sent Indian an email today asking for any updates to my delivery timeline as my ship date, as others have noted, has shifted backwards AND forwards over the last 8 months.
I got a call from Graham at Owners Connect an hour or so later who left a voicemail that said the following (some paraphrasing of my own):
'Essentially I'm seeing internally that your bike has a ship date of 7/15 - 7/31 so what that means in that in the next few days, or today even, the bike will be assigned a shipment and leave from one of our distribution centers. It can take a few days to actually ship and then transit time to your dealership can be give or take two weeks.
As far as I can tell, we're getting close to it actually leaving for delivery.'

I know there's a few folks on this thread also waiting on Challenger Icons as well, just wanted to update the group. It ain't real until it's here, but this is the most progress I've had since January so it's something. It's no coaster, but I'll take it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW I'm trying to hold off on my frustrations until tomorrow afternoon.
From all the intel gathered over this thread, it does sound like Indian was trying to make a major push to get a ton of bikes out the door by the 31st, with multiple people (myself included) being told a similar version of, "we're committed to hitting 7/31 and everything I'm seeing shows us achieving that". That that amount of focus on so many orders, I could see a natural delay in updating a portal en masse. We don't actually know if they didn't hit 7/31, we just know that the portal doesn't show a change and I'm personally okay giving a day or two of grace to update a system like their portal.

That, plus a member mentioned calling today only to be told that their systems went down and not to expect any updates until 8am CST tomorrow AND we've also heard from their CS team that they tend to update in bulk Tuesday's mid day.

But if we learn that 7/31 wasn't obtainable, then I'll be on that soapbox with the rest of ya.

·
Registered
8 Posts
they updated the portal for a few of us and its back to be determined...so the only real update I've gotten was right where i was back in may lol it also seems to be a lot of answers are generic as well and conveniently the system went down the day after the alleged ship date they where "trying" to hit
haha. touché.
I guess my point was that it hasn't been updated to a NEW (later) delivery date. Who knows, maybe TBD is the default timeline when they haven't plugged in a new one?
Then again, maybe my default optimism is just setting me up for disappointment. again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
LMAO... wow you ARE angry aren't you. Sheesh, didn't realize you were taking this so seriously.

And Wow... a liberal using the word "retarded" in a derogatory fashion, aren't you folks supposed to be above such things? Actually as someone who spent a good portion of my life assisting children with disabilities, this does rub me the wrong way but hey, Freedom of Speech and such.

Oh yes, a lot of the high end security devices for doors, fancy electronic soap dispensers, construction materials such as lighting equipment, etc. all comes from China, yet here I sit watching a large commercial tower being built out around me. Cool stuff... I promise you Mr. Liberal, if you step outside your house for a few minutes, you'll see the rest of the world never really stopped, we all moved on and are working and living our lives; have to ya know, gotta make that cheddar.

Cool, yeah didn't know Polaris was a Fortune 500, would hope with that type of status they'd run a tighter ship?

Nope not crying about my bike, said that many times, (reading comprehension, it's not just for grade school kids anymore), I stated my concerns with "regular services" being delayed supposedly due to supply chain issues. Also stated my concerns with communications, and the "misinformation" I'd been given several times. I'll make fun of Trump now just for you... in my best Trump voice, the misinformation is "Sad... very very sad" lmao

EDIT: Can we go back to being friends and fellow bikers now... or are you gonna get butt hurt every time I make a Brandon joke? C'mon laugh a little... You're right I am a glorified janitor, makes me wonder why they pay me six-figures just to do so, but hey it affords me the time to sit here and have a conversation with you. Fun fun fun! Also I keep assuming you're of the male gender, please confirm you gender pronoun so I may address you properly; wanna make sure ya know.
i guess it’s true what they say;
a troll’s natural habitat is under a gaslight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts