Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Bike Order Master Tracking List

47889 1205
I figured it would be nice to see when people are ordering bikes and how long it's taking. We do this kind of thing in the hellcat forums too, which is why I wonder why it hasn't been done? List your order dates and update your post if you get the bike delivered or receive an update.

Ordered:
Challenger Dark Horse Icon late April.
Edit: lol, dude at indian emailed me saying he talked to the floor and got them to bump my build up asap, because it was supposed to be prioritized under these circumstances. I told him, but it's supposed to ship by 4 days from now, 7/31.... how is it still sitting there unfinished.
Edit: Just changed to built with firm ship date.
8/19/22
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2022 Pursuit Dark Horse
31 Posts
Update:
Model: 2022 Springfield Dark Horse - Black Smoke
Date Ordered At Dealership: 05132022 (Friday the 13th baby!!!!)
1st Email from Indian - "Your order has been confirmed": 05182022

Website says....

Scheduling Build
Ship Date: TO BE DETERMINED
Your vehicle is scheduled to be built.

And their graphic shows that I'm now a member of the two green dot club (Confirmed & Scheduled).

Only 3 more dots to go.
Once you get a Ship Date other than TBD it'll be pretty quick after that.

· Registered
2022 Pursuit Dark Horse
31 Posts
What's the best guess on going from where I am today, to Indian putting in a Ship Date other than TBD?
Mine updated a month and a half after my order date with the farthest ship date a month and a half after that... Order 2/26, updated 4/16 with estimated ship date 4/16-5/31, went to built on 5/11 with ship 5/13 but on 5/13 went back to scheduled with ship date changed to 5/27, then on 5/17 back to built with the same 5/27 ship date. They do say there may be a short step back in the process so whatever

But

My understanding is a big reason for delays had to do with powder coating for the dark horses. When I dropped in the dealer to pay for my accessories they had a chrome Pursuit, so it's the dark horses for every model that are behind.

So hopefully you get lucky and it's quicker for you!

· Registered
2022 Pursuit Dark Horse
31 Posts
Latest update my bike has arrived at the dealership the other took a pic and sent it to me this morning rest of the week will be prepping and setting up my bike though I want putting in the stage 2 cams right Ryan Hart exhaust round high flow air cleaner and some other things I wanted Should have the bike by the beginning of next week
I'm waiting until my 1k maintenance to do the stage 2 cams, gotta send the ECU out to get flashed so I want to get some riding in ASAP

Hoping it times with a rainy weekend so I don't miss any riding

Plus I'll be able to feel the before and after

· Registered
2022 Pursuit Dark Horse
31 Posts
The guy amped up, fresh off just ordering his bike (me a few weeks ago) hears the dealer say....late July or early August, and is thinking....ooooh, maybe they will beat that and it will arrive in late June!!!

But then you go home and get time to think more about it (me now).....like we are not even into June yet......and then you hear all the other stories....so is my late July early August more like late August or September or later?
My understanding is a huge party of the delays has only been for Dark Horse models, which in turn was due to supply constraints (whatever the reason) for the black powder coating.

Looks like they've cleared that up, at least for the time being, so hopefully going forward they'll be much more timely 🤞🤞

· Registered
2022 Pursuit Dark Horse
31 Posts
Indian Pursuit Dark Horse Silver Smoke Quartz

Order 2/26, updated 4/16 with estimated ship date 4/16-5/31, went to built on 5/11 with ship 5/13 but on 5/13 went back to scheduled with ship date changed to 5/27, then on 5/17 back to built with the same 5/27 shipping date. To my surprise actually got delivered on 5/27, dealer prep with mid rise handlebars, Freedom slip on exhaust, electronic suspension, upper and lower faring speaker upgrade, grips and levers finished on 6/1. Got about 50 miles on today and absolutely loving it!!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts