Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Model: 2022 Springfield Dark Horse - Black Smoke
Date Ordered At Dealership: 05132022 (Friday the 13th baby!!!!)

Dealer said two things....

1) Estmated ship date would be late July/early August
2) Indian will email me a confirmation email "within the next few days"

That's all I know at this time.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Dealer said two things....

1) Estmated ship date would be late July/early August
2) Indian will email me a confirmation email "within the next few days"

That's all I know at this time.

Update:
1st Email from Indian - "Your order has been confirmed": 05182022

Website says....

Scheduling Build
Ship Date: TO BE DETERMINED
Your vehicle is scheduled to be built.

And their graphic shows that I'm now a member of the two green dot club (Confirmed & Scheduled).

Only 3 more dots to go.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mine updated a month and a half after my order date with the farthest ship date a month and a half after that... Order 2/26, updated 4/16 with estimated ship date 4/16-5/31, went to built on 5/11 with ship 5/13 but on 5/13 went back to scheduled with ship date changed to 5/27, then on 5/17 back to built with the same 5/27 ship date. They do say there may be a short step back in the process so whatever

But

My understanding is a big reason for delays had to do with powder coating for the dark horses. When I dropped in the dealer to pay for my accessories they had a chrome Pursuit, so it's the dark horses for every model that are behind.

So hopefully you get lucky and it's quicker for you!
Thanks for the info.

My dealer told me his estimated ship date was "end of July, or early August". I'm hoping I get lucky and beat that. He also said what you have heard, that it's the Dark Horse models with the most issues, mainly tied to the black parts.....pipes, others. He did say Indian is really trying to get other suppliers in an effort to shrink these times.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ordered Chief Bobber Dark Horse, Sagebrush Smoke 10/16/21
Confirmed shortly after that. Scheduled to be built in early January.
Today, 5/20/22, Built. Expected ship date 5/27/22.

I was trying to do stand alone post and do just one image of the order page. It did two and I tried to delete the post and it said I didnt have permission. Got stuck as a reply to your post. Geez.... some day maybe I will learn how to post.
Great looking bike. I really like that color and wish Indian would have kept it on the 2022 SDH...but they didn't.

Hopefully, yours ships as planned and you will have your knees in the breeze soon!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Latest update my bike has arrived at the dealership the other took a pic and sent it to me this morning rest of the week will be prepping and setting up my bike though I want putting in the stage 2 cams right Ryan Hart exhaust round high flow air cleaner and some other things I wanted Should have the bike by the beginning of next week
Glad for you that it's in. But taking +3 months isn't great news. I'm hoping that things are speeding up.

By the way I too ordered a SDH...and your color is awesome. I was REALLY torn on which color to go with...I went with Black just to be safe....but man yours gives me doubts.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The guy amped up, fresh off just ordering his bike (me a few weeks ago) hears the dealer say....late July or early August, and is thinking....ooooh, maybe they will beat that and it will arrive in late June!!!

But then you go home and get time to think more about it (me now).....like we are not even into June yet......and then you hear all the other stories....so is my late July early August more like late August or September or later?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I asked IM customer service to look into my order again. Keep in mind they told me June sometime just a few weeks ago.

“Michael, based on the best information we have today your bike is set to ship at the end of July/beginning of August. We are experiencing long lead times due to significant growth in the business and unprecedented customer demand. We are shipping more units than ever before but customer demand is still exceeding capacity. To track your vehicle order, follow these instructions (https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/self-help/article/KA-03966/). Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if there is anything else I can assist ou with. C-7384723

- Kelly - Indian Motorcycle & Slingshot Owner Connections
When did you place your order?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Update for me....I just checked the Indian site and now it says "There are no orders associated with your account".

Ummm, okay. Hopefully they are just updating their site or something. I will give it a few hours before I reach out to Indian.

Update: I couldn't wait...so I just called. I was told Indian was doing some maintenance to the website, and this was the reason it was dropped off. The CS agent looked in their system and I was told my order is still there, and that the website should be corrected by next week (next week???? does the website have black powder coated items too?!?!)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Indian custom floorboards
Highway bar with lights
Crash bars front and rear
Stage 2 cams
Rhinehart pipes
Indian round high flow air cleaner
Heated grips
Locking gas cap
Lloyd's tune
Stock bars pulled back
Quick release windshield but it didn't come in yet
Foot rest pads for the crash bars
Adaptive led headlight
Damn bro, you ain't messin' around!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Starting to wonder how much of the riding season I am going to get to enjoy. Ship date by end of June. At least until they move it back again !!
Same. The dealer told me upfront that the ballpark was end of July or early August.....I was a bit shocked, but also wasn't really doing the math totally. I was sort of in that excited just ordered a bike "fog", and just sort of said "okay". When I got home, I was like...wait...it's still May.....August?!?!?!? 😂

Luckily, I still have something to ride while I wait. That, and the weather has been pretty meh too. Having said that, I'm still hoping that I'm somehow going to be one of the lucky ones that get his bike fast (doubtful).

1 - 20 of 114 Posts