Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Bike Order Master Tracking List

45840 1205
I figured it would be nice to see when people are ordering bikes and how long it's taking. We do this kind of thing in the hellcat forums too, which is why I wonder why it hasn't been done? List your order dates and update your post if you get the bike delivered or receive an update.

Ordered:
Challenger Dark Horse Icon late April.
Edit: lol, dude at indian emailed me saying he talked to the floor and got them to bump my build up asap, because it was supposed to be prioritized under these circumstances. I told him, but it's supposed to ship by 4 days from now, 7/31.... how is it still sitting there unfinished.
Edit: Just changed to built with firm ship date.
8/19/22
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
1 - 20 of 1206 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Ordered:
2022 Chief Dark Horse April 28, 2021​
Confirmation email from Indian Not Received​
Delivered to Dealer May 26, 2021​

Note: I believe a bike someone else ordered became available and I got "lucky". The Dealership was expecting a longer timeline and did not provide notification that the bike was on its way.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered:
2022 Chief Dark Horse April 28, 2021​
Confirmation email from Indian Not Received​
Delivered to Dealer May 26, 2021​

Note: I believe a bike someone else ordered became available and I got "lucky". The Dealership was expecting a longer timeline and did not provide notification that the bike was on its way.
Yeah that was a while back to. Probably what happened, because now they're taking about 3 months minimum from what I can tell. That's why I posted this, a few people have mentioned it in random spots.

· Registered
137 Posts
I figured it would be nice to see when people are ordering bikes and how long it's taking. We do this kind of thing in the hellcat forums too, which is why I wonder why it hasn't been done? List your order dates and update your post if you get the bike delivered or receive an update.

Ordered:
Challenger Dark Horse Sept. 4, 2021
Confirmation email from Indian Sept. 23, 2021

Did you order a 2022? What color? Do you know whats different or you just put money down?

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered a challenger dark horse in white smoke. As far as I know it's a 21, but it could be a 22 of they decide to change model years. Because there's no vin there's really no way to know what they'll deliver. They obviously have a few 22 models now though.

· Registered
137 Posts
I stopped into the dealer here in St. Paul. Salesman said a big announcement on Oct. 15th. Assume just the JD Challenger. I will be ordering a 22 Challenger if/when they make the announcement. I will prob stay away from the JD since it will most likely be $36k plus..... closer to $40k.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stopped into the dealer here in St. Paul. Salesman said a big announcement on Oct. 15th. Assume just the JD Challenger. I will be ordering a 22 Challenger if/when they make the announcement. I will prob stay away from the JD since it will most likely be $36k plus..... closer to $40k.
JD?
Edit: nevermind, I know what you mean now. I forgot they made special edition ones. Yeah I don't care for it either.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a '22 Challenger Limited in Nov. Picked it up last week. Just under 1 mo. turn around. Very happy. Prob is...Im in MN and cant ride till late March... View attachment 664657
I knew they were doing this crap. I ordered a dark horse in white in September, they sent me an email beginning of December trying really hard to get me to cancel my 21 and order a 22. I canceled and bought a different color that another dealer had in stock. It was 3 months of waiting. They told me minimum 3 months more for the order if I kept waiting...

· Registered
184 Posts
I knew they were doing this crap. I ordered a dark horse in white in September, they sent me an email beginning of December trying really hard to get me to cancel my 21 and order a 22. I canceled and bought a different color that another dealer had in stock. It was 3 months of waiting. They told me minimum 3 months more for the order if I kept waiting...
Same here more or less. I ordered a Smoke White Darkhorse in Aug. with all the bells and whistle. Earlier this month I got the same email. I canceled my order got my deposit back, and will wait until things get back to normal.
From what I am hearing, the new Pursuit may be what I wanted in the Challenger anyway.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same here more or less. I ordered a Smoke White Darkhorse in Aug. with all the bells and whistle. Earlier this month I got the same email. I canceled my order got my deposit back, and will wait until things get back to normal.
From what I am hearing, the new Pursuit may be what I wanted in the Challenger anyway.
Shit man, I forgot to mention, I bought one after canceling. Mines got under 400 miles, its been in the shop almost 30 days. I'm probably gonna force a buyback on them... I really didn't want this to happen. I just expect a 30k bike to freaking work and work well from the factory. Seems like they're having tons of issues with the quality on these. I'm thinking a trade would suffice, like they send me a brand new one again, but I'm considering a full refund too. So sad. I can't believe what's going on, just so much disappointment.

· Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a Chief Dark Horse in October of 2021 and have never received an email from the Brand. This morning after waiting 4 months I called to inquire about my order and was treated horribly and told to go to the Brand website which was no help whatsoever.
These are a bunch of red flags to me, if they treat me like this now how will they address any problem that may arise. Dealerships are few and far between in my area.
A smart person would cancel the order and go to Harley they want your business

· Registered
37 Posts
Ordered:
2022 Springfield Dark Horse 12-1-21
Confirmation email on 12-6-21
I was initially told 10-15 weeks. Now my dealership is telling me they’re not making many prod runs on the SDH, and it could be May or June.

· Registered
22 Pursuit Limited Premium Maroon/Crimson
38 Posts
Ordered:
2022 Pursuit Limited Premium February 26, 2022
Confirmation email from IIndian February 28, 2022
Shipped from Indian March 18, 2022
Delivered to Dealer March 30, 2022

1 - 20 of 1206 Posts