Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for bike lifts on the Challenger?
As there is no frame under the motor, a regular bike lift is a bit scary, as the bike rocks and wobbles too much for my liking.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,241 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I dont like how unstable mine was the 2 times I lifted it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Back in the day, Pitt Bull had an adapter for Harley Dyna models. I've sent them a question to see if they will be making an adapter for the Challenger.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is the reply from Pitt Bull.

"Les, we have not looked at the Challenger yet. The nearest dealer to us is in Nashville, which is 2 hours away but I am going there today. If time allows I will go by and check them out. They look a lot like a Victory and we lift those."

I've had my Pitt Bull for over 20 years and I hope they make an adapter for the Challenger. If I find anything further, I'll make sure to post.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,241 Posts
Do you have any stability issues BaggerJay?

·
Rider
878 Posts
Plus one for the Big Blue lift with a Chief (and it lifts Mrs d's Bonneville, too) - ideally I need to make a top plate for each bike, but it's not difficult. Crucially, the lift goes low enough to get under the Chief with a piece of inch-thick plywood on the lift.

I'd be surprised if a similar approach couldn't be used on the Challenger.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Do you have any stability issues BaggerJay?
I don't strap it down for oil changes or regular washing, but I would if I was doing serious work or removing the wheels. It has a little wobble if you shake it, but not even close to being dangerous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts