Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while back that I was having some issues with my bike starting after I installed some mods (PCV, Exhaust, Intake). A buddy of mine was able to fit me into his schedule at his shop and he finally got her running. The sound is amazing. The current setup so far is Vance and Hines grenades, Trask intake, and a PCV for tuning. He customizes bikes as a hobby and I've managed to talk him into building out my sixty for me. If things to to plan, we may record the dimensions of the custom fenders he is currently working on since there doesnt seem to be many on the market other than the klockwerks fenders. I've put a video of what the bike sounds like below :D It sounds like a beast compared to the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little less than a week since I posted last. I have a few updates on the bike. Everything was taken apart today and is getting prepped for sand blasting and powder coating. Solo saddle seat was installed, but there was a flaw found. With the rear fender being deleted and a new one being custom fabricated, there was no where for the U shaped brace to attack. A custom plate was made (more on this in a later post) that doubled as a shield for the wires under the seat. Work is being started on a custom fender too. I've attached a few pictures with more to come.
20170306_122953.jpg
20170306_123009.jpg
20170306_164913.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a few more pictures from today. I am sure someone will ask how we covered the wiring after removing the fender. Here is a before and after shot. Keep in mind that this is still in the rough stages. Everything you see will be cleaned up and wrinkle powder coated to match the frame. This plate also serves the purpose of a support bracket for the solo seat to attach to since it originally relied on the rear fender for support.

20170306_094521.jpg
20170306_162118.jpg

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ha, here I'm freaking out because I have a bunch of covers, brackets and the head pipes off.

Looking good.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The only thing I don't care for is the Grenades slip-ons but that's just personal taste as I prefer longer pipes and fish tails. Nothing wrong with your choice though.
I agree and disagree....lol! I love the look of my V&H Grenades (BTW they are full pipes)... and at the time of purchasing them they were my only ALL BLACK choice on the market.

But they are a bit loud and I think they would be a little quieter if not so short. lol! So I wish for longer ones. Also I understand why they have stages and get larger towards the end... but would prefer straight pipes... but not that big of a deal.

I think there are some good all black pipes out now; and I would research for longer ones; but I am happy enough that I cannot justify another $1000 or so. :)

I plan to use my next $1000 for some good shocks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About a week since the last update. The new tires have arrived and I had a chance to clean them today. Really looking forward to getting rid of those nasty stock wheels. The entire swing arm was taken off for easier access to the bottom. The rear fender will be attached on the bottom of the swing arm. The top is attached via two preexisting holes. The rear fender has been completely hand crafted by Todd Lasky here in North Dakota. He owns a small shop called Year Round Recreation.

I don't have pictures of them yet, but the stock Indian badge's have been removed. A shop here in town has custom designed and cut two classic warbonnets that will be put on the tank after everything has been powder coated and the bike put back together.

Tomorrow Todd will be making a custom front fender by hand and then sending everything off to powder coat. The bike should be finished late this month for a few shows coming up.

20170316_184656.jpg
20170316_135242.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The back fender is finished and the front fender has been mocked up. Tomorrow everything is being send off to get powder coated. Everything should be back and ready to put on the bike in time for the first show of the year.
20170320_143510.jpg
20170320_153512.jpg
20170320_155324.jpg
20170320_155328.jpg
20170320_155350.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Parts are slowly getting back from powder coating. Still waiting on a few custom parts to be fabricated. Found a way to add some detail to the flat black plate thats covering the exposed wiring after removing the rear fender.
20170411_163724.jpg

·
Registered
975 Posts
Looking good so far. Good chit.

Don't know if you already knew or not, but putting white walls on your bike requires you to ride with black Chuck Taylor's or black high top Vans.

I pimp both.

Word.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A Chuck on one foot and a Vans on the other? I'll stick with a matching pair. [woot] If I can find a pair I haven't worn out.
Oh, and the gas tank and rims are finished up along with the fenders. Now just waiting on those parts to finish up and the bronze to be shot. We are looking at one more week before she can get put on a dyno.

20170403_121417.jpg
20170403_121332.jpg
20170412_121707.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree and disagree....lol! I love the look of my V&H Grenades (BTW they are full pipes)... and at the time of purchasing them they were my only ALL BLACK choice on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with wanting black pipes but I didn't like the looks of the grenades so I sucked it up and went with chrome RCs. (I think is what they are. It's been a while since I got it.) Whole reason I got the sixty was to avoid all the extra chrome. Oh well.

OP- Bike is looking good. Ready to see some more updates.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll have to get the brand and let you know. I'm actually going to be mass producing the fenders once I'm done with the bike. They are hand made, so it will take a bit. Rear fender and supports are done. Just waiting on the bronze powder to come in and some other small details.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts