Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Senior member / rider
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a few rumors of a bigger Scout, stuff like longer swing arm maybe taller. I was at a dealer a while ago, and they kind of hinted at a possible new model. Anyone hearing anything?

·
Registered
62 Posts
A lot of us have been hoping for a true mid-sized option. Frankly, I'd be surprised if that turned out to be just a modification to the Scout lineup. The Scout does its job exceedingly well for what it is. We need an additional line to compete with the Dynas/Softails.

Regardless...from what I've seen, we won't see anything like this for MY2020.

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
I have heard off hand of a new "Mid-Size" bike, but no specifics. We'll find out first week of September, when it is due to be released. New 116's will be announced 2nd week of Sept.

·
Senior member / rider
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of us have been hoping for a true mid-sized option. Frankly, I'd be surprised if that turned out to be just a modification to the Scout lineup. The Scout does its job exceedingly well for what it is. We need an additional line to compete with the Dynas/Softails.

Regardless...from what I've seen, we won't see anything like this for MY2020.
Yep. I’ve been waiting/hoping for an Indian Softtail type bike for a long time. I hope Polaris is listening.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep. I’ve been waiting/hoping for an Indian Softtail type bike for a long time. I hope Polaris is listening.
I would have jumped on it this year, definitely. I went with the Scout, but I'm already thinking bigger - so hopefully by the time I'm ready (2021ish), we'll have that option. I just don't do the type of riding to warrant a full bagger. The Springfield Dark Horse could be a possibility, but I found it very boat-like.

·
Senior member / rider
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have jumped on it this year, definitely. I went with the Scout, but I'm already thinking bigger - so hopefully by the time I'm ready (2021ish), we'll have that option. I just don't do the type of riding to warrant a full bagger. The Springfield Dark Horse could be a possibility, but I found it very boat-like.
Yep. I really like the Scout. My wife has one. I had one, just couldn’t get it comfortable. That was before Corbin made seats for them, maybe that would make the Scout work. But I can’t afford to buy a Scout and hope a new seat works!

I don’t want a big 800# plus bike. Springfields are nice, just too big for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I asked my dealer about a bigger model last year and he said that he's been saying the same thing for a while. The Scout is nice but it's a tad small. The next size up is just too big. Need a 'just right' bike. Haven't heard anything about it yet.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Yep. I really like the Scout. My wife has one. I had one, just couldn’t get it comfortable. That was before Corbin made seats for them, maybe that would make the Scout work. But I can’t afford to buy a Scout and hope a new seat works! I don’t want a big 800# plus bike. Springfields are nice, just too big for me.
I have a Russell Day Long seat on my Scout and I know it works. Pricey but it's a one-time cost and not a moto doo-dad.
According to @Scout BillyBob , Laam Seats are as good as Russell Day Long, priced less and made by someone that used to work for them.

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
No.
My dealer keeps me in the loop with phone calls quiet often. Of all the thing that are coming, Scout enlargement bits was not one of them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep. I really like the Scout. My wife has one. I had one, just couldn’t get it comfortable. That was before Corbin made seats for them, maybe that would make the Scout work. But I can’t afford to buy a Scout and hope a new seat works!

My Corbin is nice, but I can't really compare since I received it before I took delivery of the Scout and haven't ridden significant distance with the stock seat. I can go about 3 hours a day without any serious discomfort. Compared to the Sportster I had previously it's an absolute dream, but I think my fat, old ass needs more width and suspension travel to go much longer.

I did just get an Airhawk. We'll see if that adds some hours of saddle time.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,302 Posts
I'm dieting and have lost some weight. I'm not there yet but I started at 235 pounds and got down to 216. My goal is 190. Then I might be ready for a Scout. I'm not only downsizing my bike but also my body. Should be a good fit when it happens.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My Corbin is nice, but I can't really compare since I received it before I took delivery of the Scout and haven't ridden significant distance with the stock seat. I can go about 3 hours a day without any serious discomfort. Compared to the Sportster I had previously it's an absolute dream, but I think my fat, old ass needs more width and suspension travel to go much longer.

I did just get an Airhawk. We'll see if that adds some hours of saddle time.
If that doesn't work for you, think about a Laam Custom Seat - my post about mine HERE

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
I might be one of the few folks who is in love with how small, quick and nimble the Bobber is...

If they go bigger, make another Scout with a stock 250 out back, a 4.5gal tank and a 116"...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,302 Posts
I've been pulling for a 1500cc (90 cubic inch) "tweener" bike for a few years now. So far nothing. Really a middle size exactly between the Scout and the Big Chief Indians in displacement, weight, wheelbase, seat height and even fuel capacity would be a nice choice. 650 to 700 pounds and nimble easy handling with plenty of power.

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
Indian needs a Nightrain'ish Softail Type Bike

2254262E-B90F-4DC7-AE16-31E1AB033DBD.jpeg

Reactions: 18boberscout

·
Rider
756 Posts

How bout a striped down DARK HORSE,, no bags, no fairing, bobbed fenders, a 1920 seat for the big ride, dropped and draged ,, killer spokeys,, cross over fishtails,, drag bars with end mount mirrors. Boards and a crash bar. Now that’s a bad ass cruzer,, some how,, all that gives me a great idea,,,.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts